Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Dusk before the Dawn »
It's All an Act!
A Ambivalentanarchist

Alice: *smiling encouragingly as he recounted the talk of the next-to-impossible band they'd managed to wrangle for the show's credit song* Yeah, I heard about that. The sound director sure seems to have taken a shine to you. That's the best thing you can hope for in this business. I mean, other than someone leaving the studio in a lurch for a position—that's how I got my job, after all. Of course, I've been singing your praises up and down. You're one of the best helpers I've ever had on set. But, that only goes so far considering I'm in the wardrobe department and you're interested in technical set work. I mean, he could do so much more for your position than I could. *moving to dish up their dessert as she polished off the last of her plate, giving him a very generous portion before topping it off with a little dollop of whipped cream* Here you are. Enjoy. *passing him the plate before she served herself a slightly smaller slice, humming around the first bite as she began to dig in* You know, I made this last night. So it was just sitting in the fridge to cool, just taunting me. It almost didn't make it to this picnic, I'll have you know. At one point, I considered making back-up brownies in case I gave into temptation. I mean, my brownies are good, but... *a little nervously at Gabriel's silence* I mean, you do like it... Don't you?

10/25/2014 #601 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Rosalie: *trembling slightly despite the warmth of the heated pool as well as the warmth of the man holding her close to his own body. She could feel slight shaking in his own tired muscles, after their chosen exercise. Her breath coming in gasps as she rode the wave of heightened physical and emotional bliss downward back to stable ground* Wow. Who knew that doing that in a pool could be so exciting? Is there a place on this entire property we haven't christened now? Oh, I just know I'm going to be all kinds of sore tomorrow. But in the best way possible.

10/25/2014 #602 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: ...Oh. *lost for words as the topic took an unexpected turn* Stupid, stupid stupid! I'm an idiot bringing this up now. What was I thinking? Tonight was supposed to be romantic... I was going to tell him I loved him and... And then we could finally... I even wore that fancy lacy underwear you always see in the Victoria Secret catalogues, and now... *scrambling for the right words to say as silence permeated between them, filling the car as they made their way thought the city to a yet unknown location* Well, I wasn't— Yes, I was. I didn't mean— Yes, I did. I want to have kids someday. And I want to be with someone who wants that too. Is... Is he trying to say that he doesn't? I mean, he's talking about me having kids with... With some other guy. What if that's something he doesn't want? That he's never going to want. We've never talked about that... You're just really good, with Bayleigh, that's all. *forcing a very convincing smile before she directed her gaze toward the window, hoping that with his driving, he wouldn't be watching her too closely* What if he isn't as serious about this as I thought he was? I mean, we're exclusive, and we've all but gone public. I mean, we haven't said it, but we've been out together so much that everybody knows. But, that's not that same as... As being serious. As getting married, as having kids. What if... What if he doesn't love me? What if I say it tonight and he doesn't say it back? *blinking out of her thoughts and turning back towards him when the car pulled off to a stop* Are we here? *trying and feeling to muster up the same excitement for Jasper's surprise that she had before she'd stepped into the car*

10/25/2014 . Edited 10/25/2014 #603 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Emmett: *chuckling very slightly a he came down from his own high, his tense muscles clenching an unclenching of their own volition as he led them gently lowered Rosalie back onto her seat at the swim-up bar, where she could relax, if only slightly* Well, I think we haven't tried the roof yet, but I don't think that would be very comfortable. Although, by that logic, we really shouldn't have been so enticed by the kitchen. Or the laundry room. Or my desk. *kissing her neck softly* I meant it, you know. *whispering the words in the lowest of tones, feeling the very real fear in the pit of his stomach that she hadn't, that her inspiring words had been nothing but scotch and lust*

10/25/2014 #604 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(had to go deal with a small gnat problem. They were everywhere so I took out the trash and set a vinegar and dish soap trap for them. Hope it works to get rid of them. We've been seeing them at work too, so I probably brought them home with me, either that or else it's just that time of the year where you'll see them every where no matter what you do. Ugh!)

Gabriel: *swallowing his rather large mouthful of fruit pie and whipped cream* Mmm, yeah, yeah, I really like it actually. Careful, or I'm going to expect something this delectable every time we get together. I'm really glad you didn't give in and eat the whole thing last night because there is no way I would have forgiven you if I knew I'd missed out on this little slice of heaven. You could totally make a lot money off this thing if you sold them at pie auctions or something.

10/25/2014 #605 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Jasper: *nodding slowly in answer to her question as he parked in front of the exclusive Italian Restaurant, the kind of place where even the menu was written entirely in Italian* Yeah we're here. *frowning slightly to himself and placing his hand gently over hers to keep her from exiting the car just yet as he turned off the engine.* Just, wait a minute. *taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly* I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression or anything. I do want kids. Someday. Just not right away. I didn't want to assume that you wanted the same thing. And I didn't want to pressure you by implying that I expect us to have kids together. I would like that. I would like that very much, but I didn't want to make the assumption and risk driving you away. Does that make sense? *sighing to himself when she didn't answer him immediately* It's just that Maria use to talk about us having children all the time. She even had names picked out for them. Geoffrey and Quinn. She always made it seem like I didn't have a choice in the matter, that we would have kids together and that was that. I didn't want to put you in the same situation. Please understand.

10/25/2014 #606 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(This time of year, we have a big issue with bugs as well. You really have to be vigilant about it. Not really gnats—we don't have much of an issue with them. It's mostly ants and spiders this time of year. The ants are a little easier to prevent/take care of. The spiders we can't really help, just kind of have to deal with them when we see them. Hopefully you've taken care of your problem. :))

Alice: Well, let's say there were a few very productive bake sales I threw back when I was in High School... But, nowadays it's just nicer to bake for myself. I mean, these kinds of things are nicer when you do them, just to do them. It's really relaxing, soothing, actually. And that's saying something for me. I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the time, I don't really stop moving. I've always been a busybody. Baking... Calms me. *smiling warmly at him* I don't usually eat enough to justify baking for myself all time, though. I mean, I wouldn't have been able to eat the whole pie last night. Maybe half. But, I never would have been able to serve you a half-eaten pie. *setting her plate aside and moving to cover the dishes as she finished her last bite, beginning to clean up the meal, although she wasn't ready to go home yet, she didn't want to leave it sitting out* You should take the leftovers home. There's plenty, and it'll save you from a few nights of frozen dinners.

10/25/2014 . Edited 10/25/2014 #607 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: *pausing to chew on her lower lip as she steeled herself long enough to give him a proper response* I... I didn't mean to bring this up tonight. I'm sorry. I really was just talking about Bayleigh, and the thought just piped into my head. It didn't mean anything until... *shaking her head a little* I thought... What you said, it made me think... That you didn't want that. That you didn't want kids. Or that you didn't want them with me. I hadn't thought about it until now, not in the context of me and you, but I do want kids one day. And I would love it if they were our kids. I really do think you would make a good father; but I'm not ready to rush into anything either. You have to know that—I mean 'let's take it slow' has practically been my mantra this past few months. I'm not ready to be a mother. I'm focused on my career right now, and when I do have kids, I want to be able to spend time with them, not away from them. And I'm young, and I'm an actress, and there are certain expectations on the way I look that come along with that. Just in terms of that, it would be a lot smarter for me to wait—for us to wait—for that to happen. I'm not Maria, I'm not your ex; of course you have a choice with me. You'll always have a choice. If you didn't want this, I wouldn't press you... But, I would want to know. Because, that's something I want, and... I think things are getting more serious between us. I want us to be able to have conversations like this, when we need to. *searching his eyes, feeling as if a weight had been lifted off her chest at the understanding she saw reflected in them* You get that too, don't you?

10/25/2014 #608 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Rosalie: *sighing happily and contentedly as she finally settled enough to pour them each another round of drinks, freezing mid-pour at Emmett's quiet, but sincere words, and looking him in the eye* I know. You've never said anything you didn't mean. Not to me. Not even when you're slightly inebriated. And I meant what I said too. I do love you, Em. Not just the throw-away-because-it's-what-people-do kind of love. But real love. I know it's fast. We've only known each a couple months, but somehow, I just know that this is right, that this is meant to be between us. I don't know how else to say it. It's like...like you complete me. The Yin to my Yang if you will. *smiling tightly as she handed him his fresh scotch* Should we toast to new love?

10/25/2014 #609 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Gabriel: *giving her a half smile* I think I may just do that. It all really was delicious. I can do with the change of pace. *silent for a moment as he watched her straighten up the space, marveling at how efficient she was at cleaning up as soon as they were done eating* You ever water ski? We have all the stuff for it in the hull if you want to give it a shot. I could always teach you the basics if you want to learn. Or since I already showed you how to drive the boat, I can ski and you can steer. *giving her a hopeful look*

10/25/2014 #610 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Emmett: *nodding his assent* Just a sip, otherwise I won't be able to carry you upstairs. *grinning a little as he took the glass from her* To new love... To the kind of love that lasts. *sincerely, before raising the rim to his lips, taking a decent drink before he set the glass back down on the bar for the maid service to take care of in the early hours of the morning* Now, let's go upstairs and put you to bed. *barely giving her the chance to finish her own drink before he picked her up, playfully hoisting her up over his shoulder before heading into the house, forgetting their swimwear as they walked inside, dripping a little as they went, but not causing any real damage as he carried them upstairs and deposited Rosalie on the bed, grinning as she smacked his chest in reprisal and warned him that he had it coming for that little stunt* Just one of the many things I love about you, babe: you're not afraid to tease me back. And I look forward to every moment of your revenge. *kissing her lips sweetly as he climbed into bed with her, not caring that they were making the bedding damp as they curled up underneath it together to sleep off the alcohol*

10/25/2014 #611 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Jasper: *giving her a tight smile and bobbing his head a few times* Yeah, I get that. We always just need to talk about things as they are. I'm sorry that I read too much in to what you said. I'm ok with continuing to keep it slow. Slow is good. *widening his smile* Now that we're done with all the serious, let's go have some fun, a nice dinner, some violin music, there's even a space to dance inside if you want. *quickly moving around the car to open her door for her before she had a chance to do it herself* Remember, I said I'm playing perfect gentleman tonight. Just humor me by letting me get away with opening your doors, and pulling chairs out for you, and standing whenever you do. I don't get a chance to spoil you often and I plan to take full advantage of it whenever I can.

10/25/2014 #612 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Alice: *smiling indulgently* I've only water skied once, I wasn't very good at it. It requires a good deal of balance, and as you might imagine my centre of gravity isn't ideal. The people in our area were more into tubing. You tow one of those inflatable inner tubes behind the boat. You get to sit on it, the only challenge is the holding on. Which isn't difficult, even some of the older kids do it. I didn't so that much often, though, either. Maybe it would be better if I steered the boat and you went out. Maybe... I'll give it a try if you can go a few minutes without crashing and burning, hm? *smiling playfully as she stood up and began to make her way to the head of the boat*

10/25/2014 #613 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: I'm alright with you being a gentleman and all, but I still think the whole standing whenever I do thing is a little odd and unnecessary. *reaching out to take his hand, allowing him to help her out of the car with a heartfelt smile* I guess I did promise we could do things your way tonight, thought, and I like to keep my promises. So we'll do it your way. *her smile widening noticeably when he placed a hand on the small of her back to lead her inside the restaurant, true to his word, stepping forward to open the door before she could even think about reaching out to open it herself* Why, thank you. *stepping inside in front of him, then waiting until he was beside her again to continue forward towards the hostess, before she knew it they were being led through a marvelous restaurant to a private patio, fully equipped with a violinist and plenty of room to twirl about, if they so desired* I think you outdid yourself this time, Jas. *whispers softly to him as he tucked in her chair* This looks amazing already.

10/25/2014 #614 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(last one or two for tonight, but I will be back as soon as I get home from church tomorrow)

Rosalie: *falling asleep quickly as she cuddled closer to her monkey man's firm body. That night her dreams were filled with wonderful things that would be to come in her future with Emmett, she would move in with him, they would have the wedding of the century, a huge event that all of Hollywood would talk about for a decade to come, then she would get pregnant. They'd have three kids, at least, and a couple of dogs. The house would be full of fun and laughter and love*

10/25/2014 #615 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Yeah, I've got to head to bed too. See you tomorrow afternoon! :))

10/25/2014 #616 Report
GracefulWhispers

(Oh, hey guys!)

10/26/2014 #617 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Hey, Grace!! :))

10/26/2014 #618 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(Why can't the vinegar and soap cure for gnats work overnight?! They still seem to be flying around everywhere!! And I didn't know they would bite, but apparently they do and they ate me alive last night cause now I'm all itchy! :( :( Maybe I need to stay away from fresh fruits for awhile, I can't think of anything else that would have attracted them this bad. If it's still this bad tomorrow, I'll end up needing to bomb the whole apartment just to be done with it all. Ugh!)

Gabriel: *chuckling slightly and offering her a small wink in exchange* It's a deal then. But be forewarned, I only recently learned the fine art of skiing on water, which is vastly different than that of skiing in snow, so I may not be that good at it, yet, but it's still a ton of fun. At least for the 45 seconds I'm able to stay standing up before running into a wave and having to bail. *laughing good naturedly at himself as he retrieved the gear from the hull of the ship and set about attaching everything appropriately and checking the safety attachments*

10/26/2014 #619 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(I'm sorry, Miracle! We tend to keep our fruits in the fridge here. It's a little bit of an issue when you run into underripe fruit, but otherwise it keeps it from attracting bugs. On the downside... Yep. gnats will bit you, especially if they don't have anything else to eat. If they're not too bad in one room (say, your bedroom), I'd close the door and hull up there until as much as you can until they're taken care of.)

Alice: *walking over to check that his harness was properly attached, and that the ski tow was secure before smiling and heading back to the helm of the ship* Just let me know when you're ready for me to gun it! *her face lighting up in excitement as she revved the engine to life, the roar of it so much more adrenaline-inducing than the sailboats she'd grown up with in New England* Oh, this is going to be so much fun!! *practically bouncing in place as one hand rested on the motor boat's wheel, the other on the lever that would shoot the boat forward into the water from the place where they'd been drifting off the shore*

10/26/2014 #620 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Jasper: *smiling happily as Robyn gave her approval on the upscale restaurant where he had chosen to take her* I know it's a little much, but this is my time to show off a little. I'm always trying to tone things down more than usual because I know how you feel about an unnecessary lavish lifestyle, but we all need to be spoiled a little every now and then, so this was my opportunity to spoil you a little. I hope you don't mind too much that I also called in our menu choices for dinner. The chef is better able to plan ahead when he knows which guests are going to get which foods, and it usually comes out of the kitchen a little faster that way too. We'll be having a little paccheri with striped bass and ground cherry to start followed by capretto with stone milled polenta and a spinach gnocchi with brown butter. For dessert, I've chosen a pistachio flan with milk chocolate gelato. We'll be having just a light wine with our meal since I'll need to be able to drive us home afterward. If you want anything else, feel free to ask. They charge per person here, rather than per meal, so it's all covered.

10/26/2014 #621 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Oh! By the way, there were a couple of things I wanted to go over with you about the RP. Grace and I were discussing her characters, and she was kind of on the fence about what to do with the Seth/Sarah pairing. I thought, as a way to get the Quileutes into the action early, Sarah Banks could have been attacked by a band of Sanguinists and ran onto the reservation for shelter. Grace said she'd be okay with the shifters eventually deciding that it was too dangerous to let Sarah live, and either trying or succeeding to kill her (since it's a darker universe, and we all know Sarah to be a bit antagonistic when threatened) or, if you really wanted to continue the character and the pairing, having Seth imprint on her, forcing the shifters to accept her. We both decided it would be better to get your take on it before we made a decision either way. What do you think?)

10/26/2014 #622 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(never been waterskiing in my life, and really don't want to take the time to look it up and study how it's actually done, so hopefully this makes sense. :) )

Gabriel: *zipping up his life jacket so that it was tightly secured around his body before jumping into the water, and tightly gripping the handle that was attached to the back of the boat, his skis planted firmly against the water's surface, finally giving a shout and a wave to Alice to let her know to take off* All set, go for it! *the initial speed of the boat catching him a little off guard, as he was dragged along behind the Advantage Sport Cat, bouncing along the white topped mini waves formed in its wake, finally finding a rhythm along the surface of the water before attempting to stand, and succeeding in doing so on his third attempt* Woohoo! *crying out in glee at the adrenaline rush that came with having so much power and command over the water rushing beneath his skis*

10/26/2014 #623 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: *laughing musically as he sat in the seat across from her, describing the meal he'd planned for the both of them* No, I don't think I could possibly ask for anything else. That all sounds like a mouthful already. *smiling wider at her subtle little quip* Honestly, I don't even know what half that stuff is. I'm not vary familiar with italian food outside of the popular ones, you know: pizza, spaghetti, ravioli, lasagna. I have to admit, I'm pretty out of my comfort zone, here. *taking her napkin and smoothing it out on her lap as their server came by with their chilled wine and glasses, pouring one for each of them, while conversing briefly with Jasper in Italian, waiting politely until he'd finished and left them before speaking again* I didn't know you spoke Italian. I'm barely fluent in Spanish myself, and that's only because they start teaching it early in the district I grew up in. Most of the population is bilingual in southern San Diego, so it made sense that they would, though. *taking a little sip of the light, earthy wine that had been chosen to pair with their food* I've always wanted to be more cultured, learn more languages, travel. *chuckling a little at herself* I've been trying to learn French for the last three years. But, you know, "life is what happens when you're busy making plans." And, you know, I'm young. I still have time for all of that.

10/26/2014 #624 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Me either, but I've seen a few people do it, and you're pretty spot on so far! :))

Alice: Having fun!?! *calls out over the noise of the boat, the water rushing out around them, and Gabriel's excited cries as he stood up and skied in the boat's wake* Sure sounds like it... *smiling brightly as she pushed pulled the boat into a wide turn to avoid getting too close to the dock, making sure that she wasn't turning so sharply that she would tip the boat at their speed or cause Gabriel to go flying off his skis, turning to look back over her shoulder every few seconds to watch him fighting against the speed of the boat and the force of the water as he managed to stay standing* Oh, s***! *her eyes going wide as the turned back towards the head of the boat, making a sharp turn to avoid a dark, subtle outcropping of rocks she hadn't seen until that moment, flinching as the momentum of the movement sent Gabriel into the water with a loud, resounding splash*

10/26/2014 #625 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(I like the idea of using Sarah Banks to help get the wolves involved fairly early on in the RP. I think it would be better to have the wolves kill her, however, since it is that darker universe, and it would show just how dark that it could possibly get. She's not the easiest person to have around all the time, and after she healed she could threaten to use her knowledge of the inner workings on the reservation to gain asylum with the "good" vampires, thus prompting her ultimate death. And it would also show that even the wolves aren't prefect in this universe. Maybe instead of actually imprinting on her, Seth could be the one assigned to take care of her while she was healing, and thus form a small bond with her. Her betrayal could either prompt him into an angry, bitter state and he delivers the actually death blow in his anger, or he could take pity on her and try to defend her against the council to no avail, and he can't even look as Sam executes her)

10/26/2014 #626 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(I was leaning more towards the death option, as well. It kind of puts the shifters on the same level with vampires, it shows that they're not perfect, and they're just as capable of doing "evil" things when they feel they have to. I think it would be more true to the traditional, cannon Seth to stay on the side of light and continue to try to protect Sarah, even after she betrays him, but I think it would suit the new RP more for him to take on a darker person, and lash out at her. Whenever Grace is on next, I'll have her look at this and we'll see what her final call is. Thanks for the input, Miracle, I really appreciate it. :))

10/26/2014 #627 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Jasper: *nodding his head in understanding* I'm sure that if you put your mind to it, it won't take you long to learn any language that you really want to. Honestly, I'm not that proficient with any language, I know bits and pieces of Italian, French, and German, and can usually muddle through a conversation in Spanish. I even know a little Chinese. My agent thought that it would be a good idea to try and pick up a few of the romantic languages just in case I ever had an interview for a European network, after all, my movies were translated into those languages, so it would be expected that I would be able to understand at least a little of what was being said to me. That's even one way that I learned the little bit that I do know. I watched my movies back with subtitles and translated my lines back and forth. I just try to keep things really simple and in context so that I don't have to guess. For example, how are you and the lady? Well, thank you, we appreciate it very much. Enjoy your evening and if you need anything else just ask for Daniel. Thank you, we will. That kind of thing. As far as foods go, the best thing you can do is just ask questions like I'm not familiar with how that's prepared, can you explain it? Or what exactly is in that dish? And if all else fails, fake it. You're an actress, you know how to observe and copy. For example, what do you recommend? Or I'll have the same. Or everything is delicious. But to put your mind at ease, I didn't order anything crazy, it's simply bass fish pasta appetizer, goat meat, fried cornmeal, and spinach pasta entree, and sweet cake with chocolate ice cream. But that doesn't sound nearly as exciting as the other stuff. I think it's really cool that you know Spanish so well. It might be better to know a lot of one other language, than just a little bit of five different languages. It shows more dedication to it as opposed to a public relations chore.

10/26/2014 #628 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Gabriel: *easily hanging on as Alice manipulated the boat through the first wide turn, and giving her a proud smile even as she smiled happily back at him, until she unexpectedly had to swerve the boat to avoid running it aground an outcropping of jagged rocks, feeling the handle being wrenched out of his grasp, and letting it go rather than try to fight it like his buddy had taught him to do in order to avoid injury, unfortunately that also meant bracing for a face plant into the water, allowing the fading momentum to bring his body crashing into the water, although with all the padding that he wore around his body, he barely even felt the impact and came back up to the surface spitting out the small amount of saltiness he had managed to swallow, and coughing a few times, but laughing joyously through all of it* That was a blast! *commenting when Alice circled around to pick him up in the boat and was close enough to hear him.* I think I almost beat that 45 second record. *laughing a little* So, you want to take a shot now or just leave it to the expert?

10/26/2014 #629 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: *her cheeks flushing a little at his praise* I don't know, I think it's amazing that you know so many different languages, even if you don't know everything about them. My Spanish doesn't come in handy very often; I haven't used it much since High School, so I'm a little out of practice. I only end up being able to use it at a little, authentic, family-owned type place in San Diego. I mean, the owners speak English very well, but it's a special kind of thing to be able to talk to someone in their native language is really special. *grinning a little over at him* Maybe I'll take you to one of them sometime so I can impress your pants off. They have a very good Ceviche; it's kind of like sushi, but... Not. *smiling distractedly as the violinist began a new song with a soft, slow rhythm* You know, I can also ballroom dance a little. Although, I'll admit, I did learn solely for the purpose of padding my resume. People in this town don't take anyone without experience seriously anymore, and before I got steady work, of course I had to be able to put a couple items in the special skills category. *chewing on her lip for a brief moment in anxiety and excitement* I know you're supposed to be the gentleman tonight, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I asked you for a dance, would it?

10/26/2014 #630 Report
662 found: « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service