Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Dusk before the Dawn »
Flash RP
A Ambivalentanarchist

A series of disconnected scenes for when we get stuck, or just want to brainstorm. :)

12/18/2014 #1 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Prompt: After a war between humans and vampires, the remaining vampires have been captured by the victorious humans and are being experimented on.)

Emmett: God damn it! Let me out of here! I want to see her!! Let me see my wife! *slamming his fists against the vibranium metal wall, but it was no use, the metal was specifically designed to absorb an impact of supernatural strength. For all his efforts, he hadn't even been able to dent the material* We never asked for this war. We didn't even fight when they came to take us. But, this? Being separated from Rosalie like this... Not knowing what they're doing to her... I can't. I just can't. *his shoulders slumping as he fell to the ground, knowing that the cameras saw him, that the microphone that was attached to it heard his please, but, as always, they went unheard*

12/18/2014 #2 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Carlisle: *going rigid as he felt the metal cube around him starting to shift, until it jerked to a stop and the far wall on one side of him came down, he almost couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it, his cube had been connected to Esme's. A part of him had been convinced he would never se her again, but this gave him new hope* Thank you. *whispers, mostly to himself, although he knew whoever was watching would hear it too* Thank you, merciful God. *rushing forward until his mate was in his arms once again, inhaling her scent as he reveled in her presence* Oh, Esme. Esme, Esme, Esme. I pray that this is real. That I'm really holding you again. *pulling back after serval long minutes, but only enough to see his wife's lovely face* They haven't... Hurt you, have they? Their tests on me have been mostly harmless. But, I hate to think what they might have had in store for you, or the other. *plaintively* Tell me, are you well? Have you seen any of the children?

12/18/2014 #3 Report
GracefulWhispers

(I'll probably get a post up tonight after work.)

12/19/2014 #4 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Great! :) I'll be here.)

12/19/2014 #5 Report
find me at blodreina

(This is a great idea:))

12/19/2014 #6 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Thanks, Morgan! Feel free to pop in whenever!)

12/19/2014 #7 Report
GracefulWhispers

(I kinda crashed last night but I'm back at work so)

12/20/2014 #8 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Just whenever you can. :) I know it's a busy time of year.)

12/20/2014 #9 Report
GracefulWhispers

(I literally wrote up my post 3 times, and I fell asleep each time.)

Esme: *She sighed a little, sitting with her back against the wall of her cube. Time seemed to drag on. When they weren't trapped and captured, there had been things to do to pass the time. Now she was just pacing. Or sitting. Or standing. And that entire time, she was just waiting for something to happen. Anything remotely important. Anything other than then being taken for tests. How long would they be there, in this facility? She didn't know. She was pulled from her thoughts as she heard a wall come down, a small frown falling across her face. They were taking her away again, to perform more tests. And though they hadn't been harmful.. there was no question that they could escalate. She froze as she realized that outside of the wall, it wasn't a team of scientists. Instead, Carlisle stood against the far wall* Carlisle.. *She whispered, suddenly being brought back to when she first awoke as a vampire, seeing him for the first time in over a decade. And though it had probably only been a few days, she still hadn't thought she would see him again. In only a few moments, she had crossed the room and was in his arms. Immediately, she began to relax, feeling more calm than she had since arriving* You're.. You're here. *She breathed, meeting his eyes. As he questioned her, she just shook her head a little* I haven't- *She sighed a little* No, they haven't hurt me. Not really. I thought I saw Edward, but.. *She shook her head once again, falling silent for a moment* What I hate is not knowing. I can handle what these people throw at me, but.. I wish we could know how they are- where they are.

12/21/2014 #10 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(On my way back home from vacation and had a few extra minutes during my layover so wanted to check in. This is an awesome idea!!!! :) :). Might even have time to post before my next flight. :) )

12/21/2014 #11 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Hey guys! :) It's really no problem, Grace. I understand that you've been busy. I remember working late nights, and it is not fun. I'm really glad you go something up, though. Going to be responding immediately! And hey, hey, hey, Miracle!! :) It's so good to hear from you. I hope your vacation went well, and hopefully you do have some time to RP soon. We've all missed you on here.)

12/21/2014 #12 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(Flights delayed so looks like I have even longer than I thought)

Jasper: *after the actions in Volterra started to draw too much attention from the humans and the exisitance of vampires had become public knowledge, he had hoped for a short time that humans and vampires could learn to live with each other. But then the humans had discovered something that vampires hadn't even known existed. A rare metal. Very close to earth's core. It was impenetrable by any supernatural being. Even worse than that when the metal was melted down it could be firmed intended weapons. A few vampires had betrayed their own kind and offered assistance to the humans. They told them how to incapacitate and even kill vampires using COM venom and fire. They had even aided in the torture of key vampires. Until the humans betrayed them and killed them. For a time the Cullens had manages to avoid capture. But at the end of the war, they were found. He had fought at first, but quickly learned his efforts were in vain. Now his focus was on staying alive and hoping for a chance at escape. There were other vampires out there, in hiding, Peter and Charlotte were among them. They would need his help if they ever hoped to continue to live free. And he was determined to give them everything they needed. But first he had to get out of here. And that meant staying alive, biding his time for as long as possible.* Major Jasper Whitlock. 225773445. *name, rank, and social security number in leiu of serial number. That was all the information he was required to give them. All the information he would ever speak. Rolling his eyes as the man questioning him again asked where other vampires were hiding.* Major Jasper Whitlock. 225773445.

12/21/2014 . Edited by Ambivalentanarchist, 12/21/2014 #13 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(Oooops....feel free to delete the extra one Biv)

12/21/2014 #14 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(P.S. Grace, I am loving your bigger posts lately!!)

Carlisle: *rubbing his mate's back in soothing circles as he held her close* I haven't seen any of them, either. Only you, just now. I... I don't know why they're letting us see each other, but... But, I'm not going to question it now. God knows all I've wanted since they separated us was just to see you again, to hold you in my arms. *sighing as he thought of their children, silently wondering if they would be allowed to see them, if any of them would be able to see each other as he and Esme had been allowed* They're probably here, somewhere, in one of these cells. Just like us. We were all taken at the same place, at the same time. None of us fought our captors. It would only stand to reason that we were all collected for the same purpose. I doubt they're doing anything much more severe to the others than they are to us... At the very least, we can take comfort in that for the moment. *smiling a little tightly as he cupped her face in his hands* You know, if I didn't know better, I would say I was dreaming. I wasn't sure I would ever see your face again, when they locked me up in this cell. They hardly tell me anything, aside from instructions... Stand here, drink this, do that... *leaning down to kiss her softly, although he couldn't let himself get too carried away with the the cameras he knew were watching them* ...Have you really been alright? Or are you just saying that to comfort me? *asks, very quietly*

12/21/2014 #15 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Haha, will do Miracle! :))

12/21/2014 #16 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Well, that sucks that your flight was delayed, but on the bright side, I'm here all day, so at least you'll have something to do! :))

Freddy: *sighing agitatedly as he continued to read off the list of questions he knew he had to ask, no matter how stubborn or irritating his subject was* What is your relationship to the other vampires you were captured with? *continuing as he was met with the same answer* Did you support the vampire uprising? Did any of the vampires you were captured with support the uprising? *again, he was met with the same answer* We know who you are, Mr. Whitlock. Or at least who you claim to be. We keep far better records than the FBI, or the CIA. We know who you are, and we know who the vampires you were captured with are. *that last bit wasn't entirely true, in truth they had little to no idea about Carlisle's real identity, given that he hand't been born in America and was had been born before the era of birth certificates* That's not what I'm asking you, and that's not the information that I want. *gritting his teeth a little when a knock at the door interrupted him, moving away from the diamond pain that had been cross-hatched with vibranium that separated himself and Jasper and moving towards the door on the other side of the interviewing room, trying to have a hushed conversation with the person on the other side of the door* What is she doing here? ...Then throw her out! This is a government facility! ...What? ...They actually passed that piece of crap? We're in a war! God damned liberals... *grumbling more to himself as he left the room, leaving Jasper alone, shackled to the walls on the opposite end of the diamond and vibranium wall for several minutes*

Robyn: *straightening out the skirt of her suit and tucking a tuft of hair behind her ear before she entered the side opposite Jasper in the interviewing booth, her nerves becoming obvious as the door closed behind her and the little red light on the camera went dead, letting them know that they weren't being recorded. She was all alone with him. However, he was trapped with unbreakable metal, and even in the case that he broke free, the wall between them would give her enough time to escape—given that they hadn't locked the door behind her, that is* Hello. *shyly, as she opened her tote bag to pull out a file* My name is Robyn Summers. I'm a lawyer. *opening the file and pressing it against the glass so he could see* This is part of a copy of a recent law, declaring vampires born in the U.S. as citizens, so long as long as they've lived the majority of their lives here. *taking it down and flipping a few pages through* It was passed three days ago. Yesterday, a man names Jason Jenks came to me and asked me to take on this case... Your case. He said he would do it himself, but he was disbarred earlier this year, for forgery. And... He's under investigation for a few other things, I think. *letting out a long breath* Being a citizen means you have rights of habeas corpus, they can't keep you here without a legal reason, and that would have to be decided by a judge. They would need evidence for that, and I don't think they have enough to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're a traitor.

12/21/2014 #17 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(Exactly! :) ) Jasper: *his eyes darting around the room at lightning speed, searching for any have hint that he may be being set up to reveal more than what he intended, his eyes finally settling on the nicely dressed woman on the other siddle of the cage like wall, carefully sizing her up, she was slight in stature and build but what she lacked physically, she made up for mentally. She was smart. That much was very clear. She could handle her own against anyone who came against her. And further, her emotions showed no signs of deception, or fear, only determination and something he couldn't exactly place since it had been so long since he had felt anything other than hostility and hatred. His ears perked up at the mention of Jenks name, and for a second he almost hated himself for being part of the reason the other man had lost his license to practice law, but then again, he hasn't been Jenks only special client. Clearing his throat and taking a chance on speaking more than the basics.* What does the law say about those born outside the US? Will they be extradited to their country of origin? Or continue to be treated as prisoners of war? And how exactly do you intend to help me? What makes you so sure they can't prove anything? I'm sure they have ways of fabricating evidence where none exists. Otherwise I would have been out of here a long time ago.

12/21/2014 #18 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: *pausing as she thought about the conundrum Jasper proposed* That's a bit of a... Difficult question. A lot of things are up in the air in the world right now, with the legal status of vampires. I think it would depend on their country of origin. As far as North America goes, I think Mexico and Canada are both going to be following closely behind the U.S.. Their wartime policies have been right alongside ours for years now, so there's no reason at all I think it would be very different. In fact, I happen to know that Canada is considering a similar bill as we speak. I think the same would go for any of the other major players in the war. England, Italy, and France are all very progressive nations, and have all been proponents of human rights in the past... And even if they aren't, depending on how long they've been in the country, we could always appeal to precedents already in place for acquiring citizenship for humans. *lowering her voice just a little, in case anyone was listening* I should tell you... There have been huge riots across Europe in the last few weeks, the streets of Paris, London, Florence, all up in a roar... Some video footage leaked, of experiments being done on vampires—people are going absolutely nuts over it. Vampires are people too, and more reasonable humans are finally starting to see it. And, this is going to be a very visible case, not only to the American people, but to the world. They won't get away with fabricating evidence. We've in the midst of a war, the economy is unstable, and so is society. They want to stop rocking the boat. That's why this law was passed, and that's your case is going to be executed fairly. *with a little bit of a mischievous smile* And, because I always like to have a plan B... Let's just say I have a few things up my sleeve, just in case.

12/21/2014 . Edited 12/21/2014 #19 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(Boarding soon, but I'll have time to post later tonight. After I get home and get some dinner and get my apartment warmed up. :) )

12/21/2014 #20 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Okey dokey, Miracle! :) I hope your flight goes well, and I'll see you when you're all settled in!)

12/21/2014 #21 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(Home sweet home! :) )

Jasper: *nodding mostly to himself at her words* I see. So there's a very good chance that Carlisle will be released along with the rest of us. If this miss Summers can do her job properly, that is. Then again, if Jenks gave her the case, she has to be good. He wouldn't trust his top clients to just any ole lawyer off the streets. *narrowing his eyes as he took in her confidence and increased determination* I glad to know that there are still some humans out there who acknowledge that vampires are people too. Far too many argue that we ceased to be people when we, well, when we died. They put us in the same box as zombies, and that's just absurd. Either way, there's no real going back to the way things were before the war, before knowledge of our kind was released into the general population. *tilting his head to the side* The video that was leaked.....does it identify who the vampire is? What exactly was happening to them? The treatment here really hasn't been that bad. Not much can really hurt us. But if this vampire was really being hurt, the rest of us need to know about it. They're the ones you should be focusing on getting out first. Most of us can hold our own against whatever they try to do to us, but some....some might respond in unpredictable ways that will most likely lead to death either for the human captors or for the vampire. I don't want to see either of those outcomes. They are the ones who need to be freed first before whatever torture is happening to them gets any worse.

12/21/2014 #22 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Bet it'll be nice to sleep in your own be tonight! That's the thing I usually relish the most when I come home from a trip. :))

Robyn: Let's see if I can show you. It's a little long, but... The vampire hasn't been publicly named. *pausing a moment before she began rifling through her purse, pulling out her smartphone and blinking in surprise when she saw that she had three bars in the underground, metal-laden facility* I can't believe I have a signal all the way down there. *pulling up the video on youtube and turning the screen to face him, revealing a muted clip of Garrett screaming in pain, chained to the ceiling of a dank cell* ...It's a little... Brutal, when you see it for the first time. People have theorized that it's an older video, of back when the government must have been testing methods like the venom from the Children of the Moon against vampires. Obviously, it's not from an official facility, like this one. The CIA released a statement saying that they haven't been able to find the people responsible, and that the government wasn't involved, but I don't know who else would have had the resources and any beneficial reason to do something like that. *pulling the phone back and stopping the video before she put it away* In any case, it only fuels the imagination for what kinds of things could be going on in facilities like this and what is considered acceptable to do to a vampire. After seeing that, people are faced with the reality that you feel, that you're just as capable of being exploited as humans are, with the right methods. I mean, some people are still very detached about it all, but I... I don't really understand it. Anyways, I am glad they're treating you well. I mean... They are, aren't they? Feeding you and the like? They should stop any... Experiments they've been conducting, now that you've been given citizenship, and especially now that I've started poking around. I... I don't know how soon I'm going to be able to get you released. They don't seem very willing. The people here are all very backwards. I think it's going to take a court order before anything is done about it.

12/21/2014 #23 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(absolutely!! :) :) )

Jasper: *visibly wincing as he watched the video Robyn played for him* Garrett. His name is Garrett. He never could avoid a fight, wasn't in his nature. *swallowing heavily* It would take a lot to make him scream like that. He can endure almost as much as I can before breaking. Sometimes more. Although this does explain why we lost contact with him and Kate some time ago. *laughing once without humor* If he knew that his torture would lead to riots, he'd be screaming even louder. You know, if people knew everything that Garrett has done for this country, they would be thanking him, not beating him. He's an original American, here since the very beginning, literally. He fought in the Revolution and every single American war since. He's a patriot to the core. And now look what that same country is doing to him. *feeling his fists flex and his wrists dig into the heavy metal chains keeping his hands tied to the chair arms, snorting at her next question* Feed us? Yeah, they feed us alright. That's the one thing they do do. They force feed us their own kind of food. Unfortunately, our bodies are incapable of digesting it, and it just comes right back up again. The one thing we need most is the one thing they refuse to give us. After awhile, you get use to the constant burn, the pain of thirst is just one more thing about this place that we've had to grow numb to. *his deep black eyes telling the tale of just how long it had been since he'd been fed a decent meal* We've tried telling them that we survive on animal blood and that all we need is the blood of a single deer to keep from being so dangerous to them. Human food only makes us cranky and thirsty, and more likely to lose control. Animal blood will help with that a whole lot. The more sated we are, the more in control we are. I've stopped breathing all together, except when I need the air to talk. Everyone just smells too good and it makes the burn that much worse.

12/21/2014 #24 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: *a sympathetic look crossing her face at Jasper's wince* ....I'm so sorry you had to see that. I'm so sorry about what happened to your friend. He sounds like a good man... It's not fair that that happened to him, just because of what species he happens to be. All of this is just so... Awful. *sighing a little, in resignation of the truth of everything that had happened, all the lives ruined, all the pain that had been inflicted, all the blood that had been shed. And in her opinion, it had all been for nothing. All that violence, and nothing good had come of it. Nothing had been solved* But... At least now you know the truth. Like I said, people don't know who he is, or what happened to him after that video. Good or bad. Maybe... Maybe you'll see him again someday. No, don't do that, Robyn. Don't be unrealistic. Don't give him false hope. *internally chastising herself for the slip as she continued on* ...I should have known better than to interpret their treatment of you as being 'not so bad' to mean 'well'. Honestly, I didn't expect much more from them than what I saw in that video. I had no idea what I was going to see when I came here. *shifting in her seat as her intelligent eyes appraised him, flickering over his form, taking in his dark eyes, and the bags just beginning to form underneath him, the way his veins stuck out slightly underneath his pale skin, tense and dark from not having fed* I should have seen it right away. Well, I'm going to have to yell at somebody about that. According to the Geneva convention, even prisoners of war are supposed to be fed adequately. Although, I'm sure they think they're being quite clever about it by trying to give you food instead of blood. Have they been mistreating you in any other way? *nodding to his restraints lightly* Are you always bound like this? Tell me about your living conditions here? Do they keep you isolated? What kind of experiments have they conducted on you? I need you to tell me anything and everything you could give me that might be considered 'cruel and unusual punishment'. *making it clear that she wasn't asking purely out of empathy that she was asking, but also so that she could do her job properly*

12/21/2014 #25 Report
find me at blodreina

(Just trying to think up a post:)

12/22/2014 #26 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Great, Morgan! :))

12/22/2014 #27 Report
NightOwlSuffersInsomnia

((Guys?))

12/22/2014 #28 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Hey, Red! It's been a while.)

12/22/2014 #29 Report
M JacksonMiracle

Jasper: *narrowing his eyes slightly at her spike in self-doubt and punishment, a sure sign that she didn't even believe the words about the possibility that Garrett was still alive* He knew what he was doing. What he was signing up for when he went to war against the humans. He should have stayed low like the rest of us. Who am I kidding? If it hadn't been for Alice, I would have been off fighting just like he was. But she saw the decision in time to stop me. Thank goodness she did. I hate to think what would have happened if she hadn't kept me from going. *blinking as he tuned back in to the words that Robyn was now speaking* Most of the time I'm kept in what can only be described as a solitary confinement jail cell. It's no bigger than 10 by 10 foot square space. The walls are dark and appear to be solid. When they come in, one of the walls lowers and there's usually about four of five of them coming in at a time. Strength in numbers. They have one of those guns that shoot the CoM tooth bullets with venom coating. They threaten the use of force if we don't cooperate. That's the only time we're bound, when the humans are around too. If they aren't present, we're allowed to move around our cells freely, although there are no furnishings in them. The experiments range in variety from simple tests of our strength and speed, to measuring how much venom we produce when exposed to certain scents. They intentionally try to provoke us to anger, and if we take the bait, that gives them an excuse to shoot us with a CoM bullet. That only happened to me once, since then, I've been awfully careful. They've tried to forcefully extract our venom. See if they can get enough out that we change back to humans, I suppose. They're also hoping that if they feed us enough human food, eventually we won't crave blood any longer. They also make us drink different concoctions that taste terrible, but are supposed to sustain us. I imagine it's a faux type of blood, but again, it never stays down. Let me tell you, I don't even know if I can keep down deer blood at this point, I so use to gagging after every meal. I haven't seen any other vampires since I got here, they're really careful to keep us separated. I know the rest of my family is still here, but I'm not allowed to see them or speak with them. *carefully not mentioning that the only reason he knew they were still there was that he could still feel their emotions from time to time, he even sent a few mental messages to Edward and received back encouraging emotions. The two of them and Alice could communicate if they tried hard enough by imagining a future conversation and how they would feel then and what they would say, but the effort required was getting more and more each day they went without feeding, so they only did it on rare occasions now.* And when I say we, I really mean me, I can only assume that it's the same for the others. Some of them may have been shot more than once, they don't always learn quickly to control their anger, and others may not have been shot at all. And when they question us, they'll sometimes try to inject us with venom to distract us or to prompt us to speak answers to their questions. Or maybe that's just me, since I won't answer them. The others may have answered more of the questions than I did. Name, rank, and social security number is all they ever get from me. That's all they need. And all I'm required to give. But it's never good enough and they keep trying. Maybe once I start to petrify from not feeding or moving enough, I'll be more willing to answer. Or not. *pausing for a moment* Does that give you enough information?

12/22/2014 #30 Report
1,078 found: Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service