Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Dusk before the Dawn »
Behind Enemy Lines (American Vampire Wars) RP
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Off to the grocery store as well! See you in an hour or so! :))

Brutus: I am the one who should be apologizing. I didn't mean to startle you. I just . . . Here, allow me to help you. *he stepped closer to the other man, breathing a mental sigh of relief when George didn't flinch or shy away from him as he brushed past to pick up a few branches and a knife to aid the other man in his task, remaining shoulder-to-shoulder with the man who he so strongly desired as he began to whittle* I . . . I . . . *his bravado beginning to falter as he met the other man's gaze head-on* Oh, sweet lord Jesus. I think this may be the most difficult thing that I've had to do in my life. And I once had to pick the teeth of the Children of the Moon out of my own back after Maria was done with me. But, you should be more careful. God forbid someone with ill intentions sneak up on you . . . *clearing his throat softly as he ceased his attempts to whittle down the branches to fine-pointed stakes* I . . . I wish I could be more subtle, but I'm afraid it simply isn't my style. I'm no good at finesse. I . . . I find myself drawn to you. And if the Major's urgings were any indication, I daresay you are drawn to me as well. At least I hope so. If I still bothered to pray, I would pray that my feelings were returned.

6/25/2016 #151 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

Robyn: *the ghost of a frown flitting across her face as she follows his gaze to Sarah, who stood off to the side. She wasn't making any trouble of course, her commands prevented that, but neither had she volunteered for any of the tasks that still needed to be done to establish the new camp. It was odd to have someone who seemed so unhappy, even under her command. For most who had been part of an army, vowing their loyalty meant dedication, meant something larger than simply following orders. Sarah seemed different, she seemed grossly unhappy. She hoped that the other woman would soon adjust, that her disposition simply had to do with her being both so new a vampire and so new a soldier, but she feared that what Jasper said was right. She didn't like the idea that she would have to cull anyone, but it was a dark reality that she had been forced to before, with the vampires integrated into her army who had been too melancholy or volatile to be of any good. However, it wasn't a reality that she wanted to face again, especially so soon after this newfound peace had been established* You know I'd rather avoid that where it can be avoided. Even if it is a mercy . . . *slowly shaking her head* You know as well as I do that it is going to take time for the newborns to adjust. You said yourself that we couldn't leave them to themselves. If that was our only alternative, perhaps I would consider it, but helping them learn how to control themselves is part of our goal here. The part you are most invested in, if I do say so myself. I know you're more experienced in these matters than I am, and you know how much I trust and value your opinion . . . But, I'm not ready to give up on her just yet. There has to be something else we can do to motivate her. Perhaps, we could use her desire to see her family again to help her. I mean, of course she couldn't return to them as she was before. A pity, but we couldn't allow it . . . She might be able to watch over them, though, from a distance, if we were certain we could trust her. *pausing to think for a moment, chewing on her lower lip as she did so, an old habit from her human life* I could use my power to show her what it could be like, if she worked hard, if she gave herself a little time. Right now, I'm sure this all seems rather pointless to her. If we fix that, we could fix her.

6/25/2016 . Edited 6/25/2016 #152 Report
M JacksonMiracle

(This is why I'm glad I only have to get my oil changed twice a year at the most, it always takes forever! And I ended up having to get two new tires as well. But I guess I'd rather do it now and know that I got everything taken care of at once than put it off and then hydroplaning into a ditch because of poor tread. Anyway, finally made it back, and should be here the rest of the afternoon/night. :) )

George: *allowing his whittling to continue to distract him, but grateful that at least now he wasn't alone in his task, although the man he had been watching and who now sat beside him had something more to learn of the task before he would actually be much help. Pausing for just a moment in his own work when Brutus suddenly made the confession he had been longing to hear from the other man, a confession that would have made his heart soar high in delight if they were in private, but they were still in much too public of a setting for him to allow himself to react in the way that he honestly felt. Instead he took the other man's hands in his own and guided him to pick back up the half-finished tent peg and knife he had been working on before* Let me show you. Angle the knife a little more and the point will form quicker and be stronger. *instructing the other man even as he used his hands to guide those of Brutus as they worked on forming the tent peg together.* There, that's better. *reluctantly releasing the strong and calloused hands that he held as the point was fully formed, and slowly looking away from their creation to meet the other man's eyes, his voice as open and honest as he dared.* I feel myself drawn to you as well. I would that this was a more private setting so I could tell you fully just how much and how deep that pull goes. But sadly, it isn't. As painful as it is for me to say, we should speak no more of this now. I should say no more at all, but I fear that I cannot ignore this feeling forever. If the Commander will permit us to hunt tonight, perhaps, then we can get far enough away from here that our words don't risk being overheard and there we will be allowed to speak more freely. For now, we must focus on our task.

6/25/2016 #153 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(I feel like the waiting your turn to get an oil change always takes so much longer than the change itself. Even when you make an appointment, it's really not that much better than a walk-in, at least at the places I've tried. I miss the days when I could change my oil in the driveway, but I know the building manager would flip her lid if we tried to do it in the apartment parking lot. Anyways, I'm glad that's done and taken care of! :) Big yay for a day of RPing!!)

Brutus: *his breath catching in his throat when the other man's hands came over his to help guide him in his task. They were so sure, so strong, but infinitesimally gentle in their grasp on him. The sensation of George's skin on his was full of energy, like the thickening of the air before a storm. It was like there was a storm was building inside him, thunder was rumbling, but the other man moved away before lighting had the chance to flash. He missed the touch instantly, and he hated to admit that he almost whimpered at the loss of it, but he was a man above all else. He could never admit how much he needed the other man, at least not when he was pulling away* I was born in town. Never learned how to whittle properly . . . There was never a need before now. *giving the other man a tight smile as he looked over the markedly improved job he had done with George's help* I . . . I must apologize again. I know this isn't the time, or the forum, but I could scarcely keep it to myself any longer. I . . . We will talk more on this later, I promise you. *his stomach with a mess of tangled, mangled up knots by this point, at least it felt like it was. He understood the other man's need for secrecy. He remembered being disgusted with his own desires most days, back when he had been human. He knew he could never hope for what he wanted to be accepted openly. It pained him to admit it, but their relationship would bring scorn down upon them both* The Major might not have said as much, but he was taken aback, too—and that man has seen things I wouldn't want to imagine. Even for vampires . . . these desires are not normal. I see these mates finding one another. Men and women, all of them. They would never understand. And, I can't blame George for wanting to keep it secret. Who would want such shame, when it could be avoided? But, even a relationship with him in stolen moments in the dark would be a dream. Even the thought that he feels the same, that he wants me . . . Even if he is ashamed of it, I will always cherish the knowledge that my feelings were reciprocated. He hasn't rejected me yet. That is cause enough for celebration. *smiling tightly at the other man as they continued to make the stakes that had been tasked to George, taking great care to follow the instruction that had been so carefully given. He would wait for an opportunity to be alone with the other man, and he would take it. Until then, he would join the other man in his diligent work and enjoy what closeness they could have outside of closed doors. He and George were both men of duty after all*

6/25/2016 #154 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Also, don't know if you saw, but I posted on the opposites RP as well. :))

6/25/2016 #155 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(On here again for most of the day! :))

6/26/2016 #156 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Yay for the long weekend! Happy Independence Day all! :))

7/1/2016 #157 Report
GracefulWhispers

(In case anyone randomly decides to come on here... I hope everything in life is going fantastic for you guys! :) Happy almost-end-of-summer.)

8/19/2016 #158 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Hey, Grace! Thanks for the well wishes. I hope everything is going great for you! Kind of going through some craziness in my life... Moving out of state! It's a big change, but a positive one. :))

8/24/2016 #159 Report
A Ambivalentanarchist

(Hey, guys! :) I know none of us have really been on in a while, but I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was.)

9/21/2016 #160 Report
160 found: « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service