****************Current account issues begin in this post.****************
From Beautiful Phantom on Tip Thread:
hhh my good lord, I really need some help with a massive case of theft. There's too many to sort through, but the author 'suspected' is: Kurisuta.
She got 72-some potentially stolen works, and I have countless reasons to believe that none of them are her original works save for attempts of having original chapters to throw the sleuthers off. I already started the list, so hopefully that will jumpstart the detective works. All the authors really needed to be contacted though.
I just kept pasting different phases, without pronouns and names, in google. Some results are immediate, some takes a bit, and some are strange and suspicious (as in links being deleted?). There was one that seemed to be from the same thief, but was deleted, which suggested she may or may not repost. Worth keeping an eye on.
SOME MAY BE FRANKENSTEIN FICS.
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535319/1/Yurei
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9630019/1/Lunar-Ghost
- note: contacted the original author
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535467/1/Golden-Millennium
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5316818/1/Electrum
- note: contacted the original author
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12534662/1/Shinigami
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4331723/1/The-Fallen-Preistess-And-A-Notebook-That-Kills
- note: contacted the original author
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12534653/2/Cherry
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9678893/1/The-Silent-Purr
- note: contacted the original author, got reply, and the stolen work was taken down when the original author called her out. There's a risk of reposting however, as I found outdated links from other stolen works under different titles.
- Stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535519/1/Sparkling-Angel
- Original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6551684/1/Sixth-Sense note: she did try and cover her thievery via installing 'original' chapters
- Stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12610590/1/Training
- Original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7871367/42/Charmed-rewrite-Seasons-1-2-and-3
- note: also stole the tv script???
- Chapter 2 of stolen is from this also: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9371593/1/Fiery-Rose-Forbidden-Love
- Stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9091343/1/The-Sacred-Alchemist
- Original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12534627/1/Reiki-Alchemist
- Stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12534624/2/Noah
- Original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7979676/1/Noah-of-Purity
- Stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12533467/1/Guardian
- Original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3269843/1/Angels-Descending-Over-Me
- Suspicious: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11833065/1/Farther-Away
- Suspicious: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12503569/1/Midoriko-s-Origins
- Note: Same opening, why? Can't find original
- edit: nevermind, here's the original, https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2458570/17/The-Phoenix-Blade-Time-Lapse
That's...all the energy I have for this person. It's draining, so I have to applause you guys for all the efforts you put in.
edit: format kept dying. Tried to fix it.
So, around 60 suspicious stories (not counting the ones that have already been discovered by Beautiful Phantom. Anyone got a template?8/28/2017 . Edited by RogueMudblood, 12/6/2019 #1 Report
For original authors.
DMCA takedown Email Template (owners only)
This email template was kindly provided by Tikatu. In the event that you have been plagiarized, you are advised to send an email to FFN support.
Copy paste and fill out the relevant portions as required.
FanFiction.net Copyright Infringement Notification
To Whom It May Concern,
I have discovered that my (short story/poem/novel), [insert story title], has been altered and posted without my permission by a writer on FanFiction.net named [insert plagiarist penname] [insert plagiarist profile link]. I am from [insert country you're from].
My original fan fiction short story can be found here: [insert your story link]. I published it on [insert publishing date].
Her/His plagiarized copy can be found here:
[insert link to plagiarized copy]. S/He published it on [insert plagiarized story date].
Copyright law in the United States implies that even a derivative work (which mine is) that cannot be sold enjoys some protection from copyright infringement. We can see this in the realm of approved derivative works such as tie-in novels. I realize this is still a gray area, and is disputed in many venues. However, until a definite ruling comes down which removes fan fiction entirely from under the copyright umbrella, I will claim what rights I do have. [Use this ONLY if your work is also fanfiction AND if you are from the US. Delete if your work is original.]
You may reach me at my email address: [your email address].
I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is otherwise not permitted by law.
I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.
Thank you. I look forward to a timely resolution to this matter.
[Add electronic or scanned physical signature, depending on how you are sending this.]
It should be sent to copyright [at] fanfiction [dot] com. The subject should be "Copyright Infringement Notification"
"I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law."
must appear in the complaint.8/28/2017 #2 Report
Another stolen work;
- Stolen Work: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535326/1/Nexus
- Original Work: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2718819/1/Safe
- I did reach out to the original author of the story, but the account doesn't look like it has been active in a long while.
(Hope I did this right. Never posted to forums on this site before.)8/28/2017 #3 Report
Jesus almighty is she blatant! I found few more. Please do contact the original writers for me, if you can. I don't know why I do this to myself.
- stolen/suspicious: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9394169/3/Sailor-Moon-A-Paleo-Love-Story
- stolen/suspicious: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535470/2/Captured-Princess
- note: frankenstein'd pieces, can't find originals but exact same paragraphs in some areas. Very odd.
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12543342/1/Arranged-Marriage
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9445120/1/Marriage-Of-Convenience
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535330/1/Tenshi
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172425/1/Oh-What-an-Angel
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12227925/2/Beautiful-Ending
- original?: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2829548/1/Cirque-Du-Freak-Series
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12531338/8/Spiderwebs-in-Starlight
- original (ctrlf):
- note: not exact certain on spideman sections but the stolen work definitely took lines from the manga guide.
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12532523/1/Dark-Moon
- original: archiveofourown.org/works/10159697/chapters/22565738
- stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12535524/1/Pull-of-Shadows
- original: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10239178/1/The-Pull-of-the-Moon
Edited to make a link visible - Jeremy.
She's changing many things in this one. Some parts, however, are identical.
Seems she's making a deletion, I tried to enter some stories and it will give me an error message.8/28/2017 #5 Report
Earlier she had 72 fics. Now she's down to 52. Hmm, I wonder if she is deleting because of upset of original authors or that she was busted?8/28/2017 #6 Report
We'll need a template for this one. I'll do some of it.
This is a cobblefic of some sorts. I can't find the exact source.8/29/2017 . Edited 10/21/2017 #7 Report
It would certainly be preferred, yes.
Begins in "After a long night"
8/29/2017 #8 Report
She's reposting the works again. Can't they just delete her?
My story has been posted, yet AGAIN to her account.
Stolen: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12689577/1/Miko-No-Game Orginal: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10375142/1/Kokoro-no-Yami-Under-Revision10/19/2017 #10 Report
This person just posted a new story. I'm looking for the original(s) piece at the moment. Will edit if or when I find them. On a side note, when I was googling for certain phases, there was one result that kept showing up; a Sailor MoonDanny Phantom crossover titled Ghost Senses but it had been taken down so I couldn't check for myself.
Edit: FOUND IT, or at least one part of it because apparently, this person just pulled another Frankenstein. Here's the link: www(.)dokuga(.)c o m(/)fanfiction (/) story/5386/1
If you will excuse me, I'm going ahead and contact the original author.
Edit 2: Disregard, I'm contacting the mods--the author hadn't been active in years. Great.
Edit 3:............I should've check her profile earlier. I will tell you that when I first alerted the forum here, she went down to ~50, but now she's back up to 72. Wtf? Now I'm po'd.10/20/2017 . Edited 10/20/2017 #12 Report
I can always help you in whatever way you prefer.10/20/2017 #13 Report
Mass report? Find original sources? I don't know. Finding the sources are time consuming because I have to enter multiple phases in Google to get something. This chick needed to be banned.
Edit: She took down : East of the Sun and West of the Moon only to repost it. Maybe to change her URL, not that it worked well. -facepalm-10/20/2017 . Edited 10/20/2017 #15 Report
ugh I have some time today.
Going through and reporting individual stories- most of which were reposted. If I post a review on them she'll just delete the work posted to her profile.10/20/2017 #16 Report
She's Frankensteining again, so I'm having troubles finding all sources. So, I'll have to leave behind chapter number with URL.
This damn chick...
Edited: PM'd the original author.10/20/2017 . Edited 10/20/2017 #17 Report
Oh, my God! I had no idea she was a thief until someone called ShikiKira warned me. Thank You for the informations. I'll try to avoid people like her the best I can.10/21/2017 #19 Report
Have someone contacted her and told her that she's copying things? If so what did she said?10/21/2017 #20 Report
She doesn't reply to any messages I've sent. If you tell her she is she'll delete the story in question and post it again like a month the later.10/21/2017 #21 Report
Haha, trust me, the thief won't listen to anyone, Dragon. She knew what she was doing and would just repost to hide her tracks. I have no idea what she was trying to get out of piecing stolen pieces together and (re) posting it however, when she gets so little reviews, follows, and favorites as is.10/21/2017 #22 Report
She dropped from, iirc, 74 fics to 69 fics. Let's see how long it'd take the thief to repost them. :/10/31/2017 #25 Report
The support desk took my work story down from her account and I think deleted her because I can't seem to find her anymore. Whoo!11/1/2017 #26 Report
Well that makes my job easier!
Huzzah! Another one bites the dust!11/2/2017 #27 Report
Yay, that is such a great news! Let's hope she won't or can't come back.11/2/2017 #28 Report
Ah, she's gone! Thank the stars for that!
Here's to hoping this brat never returns! This makes me so happy. Maybe now I can focus on my writing, and not worry about having it ripped off.11/2/2017 #29 Report
I even warned her that the chickens would come home to roost, and lo and behold they did!11/3/2017 #30 Report