Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » The Anti-Plagiarism Investigation Reports »
Report FFNID 2246905 - An Unknown Foreign Beauty - multiple fandoms [Active]
M RogueMudblood

From Lalaith Yamainu in tip thread:

I was just informed by a kind review that my work "Make Way (It's a Bright New Star)" has been plagiarized in the story "Proud of You" by AnUnknownForeignBeauty. The new story has taken my idea and expanded it quite a bit, and I wouldn't mind (though credit for the idea might be nice), except there are sentences that have been taken from my story nearly word for word. My story (published on Ao3 in 2015): archiveofourown.org/works/4877611 The plagiarized work (published here in 2018):https://m.fanfiction.net/s/13084272/1/Proud-of-YouI don't really know what to do.

This one is a cobblefic plagiarist.

Template:

suspect: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2246905/An-Unknown-Foreign-Beauty

Story #1 of 51: Connection [Mobile Link: Connection] 2019-05-30

Original:

Original Author:

Story #2 of 51: Proud of You [Mobile Link: Proud of You] 2018-10-05

Chapter 1

Original: archiveofourown.org/works/4877611, 2015-09-26

Original Author: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/642022/Lalaith-Yamainu

stolen:

He padded softly into the corridor, pretending not to notice one of the palace guards that fell in step behind him. They knew where he was going, where the entire palace kept going for the past few weeks.

original:

She padded softly into the corridor, nodding to the guards at their bedroom door, and pretending not to notice the one that fell in step behind her. They knew where she was going, where she had gone each night these past few weeks.

Chapter 2

Original: archiveofourown.org/works/4877611, 2015-09-26

Original Author: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/642022/Lalaith-Yamainu

stolen:

Her elder sister's husband was the first possible preference, though he would have to journey far from his homeland, the kingdom of Armenia. She had a cousin from her mother's side as well, and two from her father's side, each of them ruling over few kingdoms of the seven deserts. None of them were known for their kindness towards their people. Many of the nobles had been waging a silent war against one another for support in the court since the Sultan had been fallen ill, and even a few of the harem-born began larking around for their favor.

original:

Her sister's husband might make a bid for the throne, though he would have to journey far from his homeland. She had a second cousin, as well, whom she had already received intelligence on. He was a cruel one, and she shuddered to think of Agrabah in his hands. Two of the nobles had been waging a silent war against each other for support in the court, and even a few of the harem-born had begun about their parentage.

Chapter 3

Original: A Kingdom of Dreams - books.google.com/books?id=4zMjDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA108. Published in 2016.

Original Author: Judith McNaught

stolen:

As she spoke, her hand curled around his head, pressing inexorably downward, inch by slow inch, until her warm breath was mingling with his, and then her gaze lifted, locking with his. She could see the fear, the insecurities hidden behind those apparently mirthful eyes, and she decided to share some of his fear as she brought his lips down against hers. A jolt slammed through Aladdin's entire nervous system, his eyes closed, and his lips began to move on hers, thoroughly and possessively exploring each tender curve and trembling contour. She could feel the nervousness that was chasing his every waking moment as he clung to her as if she was his final lifeline. Jasmine wound her arms around her husband possessively, assuring him she would be with him always.

original:

"Really" he breathed softly, his heavy-lidded gaze fixed on her lips. As he spoke, his hand curved round her head, pressing inexorably downward, inch by slow inch, until his warm breath was mingling with hers, and then his gaze lifted, locking with hers. Insistent, knowing gray eyes captured frightened, beguiling blue ones, imprisoning them as he brought her lips down against his. A jolt slammed through Jenny's entire nervous system, her eyes closed, and his lips began to move on hers, thoroughly and possessively exploring each tender curve and trembling contour.

and

stolen:

Tenderness overwhelmed him and, with a silent moan of helpless surrender, he curved his hand around her neck, his lips moving on her with awakening ardor.

original:

Tenderness overwhelmed her and, with a silent moan of helpless surrender, she curved her hand around his neck, her lips moving on his with awakening ardor.

and

stolen:

Jasmine moaned with the sensual onslaught, and desire exploded in Aladdin as she pressed herself against him with overwhelming desire. Suddenly his mind became blank of all the worries. He felt Jasmine gasp of shocked delight against his mouth as her fingers dug convulsively into his shoulders, and she kissed him deeply as if trying to return the pleasure he was giving her.

original:

She moaned beneath the sensual onslaught, and desire exploded in Royce as he felt [redacted; too mature for forum]. He felt her gasp of shocked delight against his mouth as her fingers dug convulsively into his shoulders, and she kissed him deeply, as if trying to return the pleasure he was giving her.

There's more, I'm sure. This is a what a cursory search returned.

Also, plagiarist helpfully provided another story that they stole from: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8759674/1/Revelations-in-the-Sand by https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4395429/FoxCort24. Have not yet gone over that to compare.

Story #3 of 51: Remember Me? [Mobile Link: Remember Me?] 2013-08-28

Original:

Original Author:

Story #4 of 51: Being a Man [Mobile Link: Being a Man] 2018-06-07

Original:

Original Author:

Story #5 of 51: The Night Before the Seventeenth Day [Mobile Link: The Night Before the Seventeenth Day] 2017-06-22

Original:

Original Author:

Story #6 of 51: Prologue [Mobile Link: Prologue] 2016-01-12

Original:

Original Author:

Story #7 of 51: Perfect Bride [Mobile Link: Perfect Bride] 2014-11-01

Original:

Original Author:

Story #8 of 51: Middle of the River [Mobile Link: Middle of the River] 2015-07-14

Original:

Original Author:

Story #9 of 51: Arranged [Mobile Link: Arranged] 2014-07-20

Original:

Original Author:

Story #10 of 51: Frozen Hearts [Mobile Link: Frozen Hearts] 2013-12-26

Original:

Original Author:

Story #11 of 51: Broken Mirror [Mobile Link: Broken Mirror] 2014-08-07

Original:

Original Author:

Story #12 of 51: After We Fall Together [Mobile Link: After We Fall Together] 2013-11-30

Original:

Original Author:

Story #13 of 51: Abducted [Mobile Link: Abducted] 2012-09-27

Original:

Original Author:

Story #14 of 51: Dusk and Summer [Mobile Link: Dusk and Summer] 2013-09-18

Original:

Original Author:

Story #15 of 51: An Oath To Keep [Mobile Link: An Oath To Keep] 2013-10-19

Original:

Original Author:

Story #16 of 51: After The Storm [Mobile Link: After The Storm] 2013-02-12

Original:

Original Author:

Story #17 of 51: Paint Happiness, Not Blood [Mobile Link: Paint Happiness, Not Blood] 2013-06-27

Original:

Original Author:

Story #18 of 51: A Night Before The Morning [Mobile Link: A Night Before The Morning] 2011-09-16

Original:

Original Author:

Story #19 of 51: Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark [Mobile Link: Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark] 2012-03-24

Original:

Original Author:

Story #20 of 51: First Light [Mobile Link: First Light] 2013-01-31

Original:

Original Author:

Story #21 of 51: Becoming Mockingjay [Mobile Link: Becoming Mockingjay] 2012-08-30

Original:

Original Author:

Story #22 of 51: Tell Me Your Dreams [Mobile Link: Tell Me Your Dreams] 2012-06-01

Original:

Original Author:

Story #23 of 51: There Are Still Times [Mobile Link: There Are Still Times] 2012-08-30

Original:

Original Author:

Story #24 of 51: A Modern Pocahontas Tale [Mobile Link: A Modern Pocahontas Tale] 2011-06-23

Original:

Original Author:

Story #25 of 51: Album [Mobile Link: Album] 2012-06-16

Original:

Original Author:

Story #26 of 51: Are You Afraid Of The Dark? [Mobile Link: Are You Afraid Of The Dark?] 2011-05-14

Original:

Original Author:

Story #27 of 51: Rain [Mobile Link: Rain] 2010-09-26

Original:

Original Author:

Story #28 of 51: Can You Forgive Me? [Mobile Link: Can You Forgive Me?] 2010-09-02

Original:

Original Author:

Story #29 of 51: Two Paths, One Destination [Mobile Link: Two Paths, One Destination] 2010-09-30

Original:

Original Author:

Story #30 of 51: Thoughts [Mobile Link: Thoughts] 2011-06-14

Original:

Original Author:

Story #31 of 51: Memories Of The Midnight [Mobile Link: Memories Of The Midnight] 2011-01-09

Original:

Original Author:

Story #32 of 51: Water [Mobile Link: Water] 2010-11-27

Original:

Original Author:

Story #33 of 51: Sacrifice [Mobile Link: Sacrifice] 2010-11-24

Original:

Original Author:

Story #34 of 51: Strangers [Mobile Link: Strangers] 2010-11-24

Original:

Original Author:

Story #35 of 51: Crystal [Mobile Link: Crystal] 2010-11-24

Original:

Original Author:

Story #36 of 51: Sweet Lie [Mobile Link: Sweet Lie] 2010-11-24

Original:

Original Author:

Story #37 of 51: No Need For Words [Mobile Link: No Need For Words] 2010-11-24

Original:

Original Author:

Story #38 of 51: Reflection [Mobile Link: Reflection] 2010-11-23

Original:

Original Author:

Story #39 of 51: Looking Into Your Eyes [Mobile Link: Looking Into Your Eyes] 2010-11-23

Original:

Original Author:

Story #40 of 51: At The New Beginning [Mobile Link: At The New Beginning] 2010-11-22

Original:

Original Author:

Story #41 of 51: Between Love & Hate [Mobile Link: Between Love & Hate] 2010-11-15

Original:

Original Author:

Story #42 of 51: Shooting Star [Mobile Link: Shooting Star] 2010-10-14

Original:

Original Author:

Story #43 of 51: Identity: A Journey to the Past [Mobile Link: Identity: A Journey to the Past] 2010-03-10

Original:

Original Author:

Story #44 of 51: Glittering Dusts [Mobile Link: Glittering Dusts] 2010-06-27

Original:

Original Author:

Story #45 of 51: Precious Moments [Mobile Link: Precious Moments] 2010-06-10

Original:

Original Author:

Story #46 of 51: Dreams on Fire [Mobile Link: Dreams on Fire] 2010-06-10

Original:

Original Author:

Story #47 of 51: Peace [Mobile Link: Peace] 2010-04-12

Original:

Original Author:

Story #48 of 51: Feelings [Mobile Link: Feelings] 2010-03-05

Original:

Original Author:

Story #49 of 51: The Lost Treasure [Mobile Link: The Lost Treasure] 2010-03-04

Original:

Original Author:

Story #50 of 51: One sided love [Mobile Link: One sided love] 2010-02-27

Original:

Original Author:

Story #51 of 51: Silence [Mobile Link: Silence] 2010-02-25

Original:

Original Author:

This one will take some time.

6/1 . Edited 6/1 #1 Report
M RogueMudblood

For any OA directed to this thread, the following are the templates that have been prepared by Tikatu and meet the requirements FFN lists in the ToS for filing a DMCA takedown. The first is for use by authors of fandom works. The second is for use in the event that you've written a work that does not take place in a fandom. It's listed for Fictionpress, but can also be used for anyone who has posted a story that is not fan fiction which has been pilfered. Please note that the templates are only to be used by the original authors. They are considered to be legal documents in the sense that you are "swearing" that you own the copyright. (That's why these templates cannot be used by fans/readers/other third parties.)

Fans of the original works and other interested parties are more than welcome to send plagiarism reports to support [at] fanfiction [dot] com.

DMCA takedown Email Template (owners only)

This email template was kindly provided by Tikatu. In the event that you have been plagiarized, you are advised to send an email to FFN support.

Copy paste and fill out the relevant portions as required.

FanFiction.net Copyright Infringement Notification

To Whom It May Concern,

I have discovered that my (short story/poem/novel), [insert story title], has been altered and posted without my permission by a writer on FanFiction.net named [insert plagiarist penname] [insert plagiarist profile link]. I am from [insert country you're from].

My original fan fiction short story can be found here: [insert your story link]. I published it on [insert publishing date].

Her/His plagiarized copy can be found here:

[insert link to plagiarized copy]. S/He published it on [insert plagiarized story date].

Copyright law in the United States implies that even a derivative work (which mine is) that cannot be sold enjoys some protection from copyright infringement. We can see this in the realm of approved derivative works such as tie-in novels. I realize this is still a gray area, and is disputed in many venues. However, until a definite ruling comes down which removes fan fiction entirely from under the copyright umbrella, I will claim what rights I do have. [Use this ONLY if your work is also fanfiction AND if you are from the US. Delete if your work is original.]

You may reach me at my email address: [your email address].

I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is otherwise not permitted by law.

I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.

Thank you. I look forward to a timely resolution to this matter.

[Add electronic or scanned physical signature, depending on how you are sending this.]

It should be sent to copyright [at] fanfiction [dot] com. The subject should be "Copyright Infringement Notification"

This sentence

"I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law."

must appear in the complaint.

DMCA Takedown template for items stolen from fictionpress (Owners only)

I hereby confirm that I believe the story identified below infringes my copyright.

My copyright applies to (the country you live in).

The title of the infringing content is (title), located at (link to stolen content)

The entire story is a copy of my original work, titled (title), located at (link to your original). My novel was published on your site beginning (date of your publication). The infringing piece was posted on your site beginning on (date of stolen publication). The text of the infringing piece is an exact duplicate of my own through (number of chapters stolen).

My e-mail address is (an e-mail that you wouldn't mind the thief having).

"I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law."

I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.

Digital signature: (your name)

6/1 #2 Report
Make FFN Sensible Again

This is a big one.

1. Connection

Original Story: The Wrath & the Dawn (2015)

OA: Renee Ahdieh

The rest seem to be original works to me. I hope she takes down the copypastas herself so she could save her original works.

6/2 . Edited 6/2 #3 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service