Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » The Anti-Plagiarism Investigation Reports »
Unfamiliar fandom? Need a translator? Ask the Consultants for help! (volunteer to be one here too)
A HorusTheAvenger

This idea was a suggestion of Danyealle's.

Sometimes plagiarism will occur in fandoms that members are not familiar with. In such cases, good idea to have directory of people who are very familiar with fandom to go to for help. As such, this thread will list out who is familiar with what fandoms so that members know who to refer to for cases involving certain fandoms.

Non members who do not mind being consulted about such matters may also post to offer their services.

Because plagiarism does not always happen in English, forum visitors who are fluent in other languages and do not mind being contacted for translation help may also offer services in this thread.

7/23/2013 . Edited 10/20/2014 #1 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

HorusTheAvenger

7/23/2013 . Edited 7/23/2013 #2 Report
Luna Goddess of the Night

7/23/2013 . Edited 7/23/2013 #3 Report
BronxWench

Games: Baldur's Gate; Baldur's Gate 2 and expansions; Neverwinter Night and expansions; Neverwinter Nights 2; Dragon Age: Origins; Dragon Age 2

Books: A Song of Fire and Ice (all 5 books thus far written); Lord of the Rings; the Dune saga; anything Forgotten Realms

Television: Battlestar Galactica (new version)

7/23/2013 #4 Report
DragonKazooie89

DragonKazooie89

7/23/2013 #5 Report
M RogueMudblood

If it's a kids movie or TV show (I mean Y7 range) I probably know a little about it.

Movies:

Television:

I am not an expert on Twilight. I am somewhat familiar with it, though.

7/23/2013 . Edited 8/27/2014 #6 Report
Danyealle

Anime: Inuyasha (manga for that as well) and Death Note (anime only) I know the first couple arcs of Bleach but after that you lost me (anime only there as well). Digimon in passing

Television; Supernatural and Primeval

Harry Potter (don't say it smart alecks :P )

Games (as in tabletop) Some of the White Wolf series, the old ones not the new

I know a touch here and there, at least a little of several others from working on AFF for so long.

7/23/2013 #7 Report
Maid of Justice

Anime: Fairy Tail, Inuyasha

TV Shows: Zorro, Yi San, Dong Yi, BBC Sherlock

Movies: Avengers, Snow White and the Huntsman, Thor, Iron Man 1 2 and 3 (the first two crash-coursed.)

Games: Pokemon (crash-coursed. Might not be accurate.)

Misc: Roman and Greek Mythology

Books: Harry Potter

Plays: Les Miserables, Shakespeare

Comics: Iron Man

That's all,for the while.

7/24/2013 . Edited 4/24/2014 #8 Report
Make FFN Sensible Again

Anime: Naruto, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, Yakitate Japan, One Piece

Games: Mario, Bomberman, Star Fox, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, Metal Gear

Movies: Too many to list

7/24/2013 . Edited 8/8/2013 #9 Report
BronxWench

Let me add mythology and history of Ancient Egypt, Rome and Greece. I'm also familiar with Norse mythology. :)

7/24/2013 #10 Report
King Spritzee

Western Animation: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Winx Club, Arthur, Danny Phantom

Live-Action TV: Power Rangers, Super Sentai

Video Games: Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. (64, Melee and Brawl), Undertale [If there are any cases from that archive]

Anime: Pokémon, Digimon

7/24/2013 . Edited 7/15/2016 #11 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

Query: Is there anyone here familiar with Stargate: Atlantis?

Would the character of Elizabeth Weir have any reason to have glowing green eyes?

7/29/2013 #12 Report

Google it. The name of the character and the trait. If it comes up either way, you have your answer.

7/29/2013 #13 Report
BronxWench

In terms of unnaturally glowing, not unless she was a host.

It's sometimes hard to tell if it's meant to be a sign of being a host, or if the author is just that bad in terms of hyperbole.

7/29/2013 #14 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

So far cannot find any reason for glowing eyes. But not familiar with fandom at all. Might be some special condition that has reason for it.

What is this host thing you speak of?

7/29/2013 #15 Report
BronxWench

Stargate's main premise was a race of symbiotic aliens that use humans as hosts and were the beings worshiped as gods in Ancient Egypt. When the symbiote, a Goa'uld, is controlling the human host, the eyes glow.

7/29/2013 #16 Report
The Warty Hogg

The only fandoms I am familiar with are so old, no one writes in them anymore.

7/31/2013 #17 Report
BronxWench

Trust me, no one writes in mine either. :D

7/31/2013 #18 Report
Drake the Neko

Here's a few I could help out with.

Animes: Sakura Taisen (Includes Kanadegumi slightly.), Vandread, Kaze no Stigma, Crayon Shin-chan (slightly), Parappa the Rapper (slightly), Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, Infinite Stratos (slightly), One Piece (slightly), Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Samurai Champloo (slightly), and Cardfight! Vanguard.

Games: Phantasy Star (Except Online series, Universe and Portable series, and Zero. Spin-offs also count.), King of Fighters series, BlazBlue series, and Pokemon. I may despise Sonic with a burning passion, but I can help out with that. Pokemon (3rd and 4th Generations only with a slight 5th Gen by only Black/White.), Parappa the Rapper, Um Jammer Lammy, Parappa the Rapper 2,

TV: Family Guy, American Dad, Superjail, The Cleveland Show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's version), Spongebob Squarepants, and South Park.

8/8/2013 . Edited 8/15/2013 #19 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

Thank you Drake. Good to have you on board.

8/9/2013 #20 Report
Foreign Nebula

You have me interested now Horus after you let me know of my fic being plagiarised so I thought I'd offer my own talents.

Movies: Transformers (Michael Bay-verse), Avengers, Thor, Star Trek: 2009, Spirited Away, Labyrinth, original Star Trek movies, most Disney movies from cartoon to live-action

Anime/Manga: Inuyasha, Ghost Hunt, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Chrno Crusade, Black Bird, Alice in the Counrty of Hearts

TV Shows: BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, Sci-Fy's Tin Man, Sci-Fy's Alice, Once Upon a Time, Bones, Castle, Stargate: SG1, Stargate: Atlantis, Star Trek: Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, Community, Home and Away (I'm from Australia, you have to know Home and Away)

Games:Halo, Final Fantasy IIV, X, X-2, Kingdom Hearts (not a total expert, but my sister will be able to help out), Legend of Zelda series, Resident Evil, Dead Island, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Jak and Daxter series, Sly Racoon series, Ratchet and Clank series, Bioshock, American McGee's Alice & Return to Madness, Amnesia Dark Descent, Uncharted series, Prince of Persia

Cartoons:Transformers/Beast Wars, Teen Titans, X-Men:Evolution, Kim Possible, almost anything Disney (including Movies but only cartoons), Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Hannah Barbers cartoons.

I'm just looking at that list now and thinking: "I have no life". Oh well! I hope that whatever is on there might help in the future!

8/21/2013 #21 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

Welcome to the forum, Foreign Nebula.

Am very grateful for your stepping up offering your services, and glad we were able to resolve your case.

8/21/2013 #22 Report
Izraill

I've been telling myself to post here since I first saw the topic, but I always forget :P well, to make it short, I'll only mention the ones in which I have really extensive knowledge.

Anime: Sword Art Online (favoritest LN), K-ON, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z/GT, Baka and Test

Books: Brave New World (favoritest book :P), Harry Potter, Ghostgirl, Don Quixote, Twilight (I read the first book to criticize it bit by bit), Fifty shades of Grey (same case as twilight, lol). (There are more, but either there aren't categories of them, or they have like 3 stories, so I'm skipping them)

Cartoons: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time, Dan Vs, Danny Phantom, Avatar: Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Ben 10, SpongeBob SquarePants, Amazing World of Gumball

Comics: The Batman, Green Lantern (favouritest comic book), Spiderman, superman (least favourite comic book)

Video Games: Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Brothers, Mega Man (classic, X, Zero, Legends), Chrono Trigger, God of War

Misc: Vocaloid

It came out longer than I thought, even though I tried to shorten it. :P

8/28/2013 #23 Report
Sefiriot

Books: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Garth Nix's Old Kingdom Trilogy, Lois Bujold's Vorkosigan Saga, more that don't show up here as fandoms. I also read and write in Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia, which is pretty close to Indonesian.

9/13/2013 . Edited 9/13/2013 #24 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

Excellent. Your language skills are would be very valuable, Sefirot. Will be nice to have someone to call on for those languages the next time we require translator.

9/19/2013 #25 Report
lilgenious

As the victim of a plagiarist/identity theft in the d'Artagnan romances years and years before I joined up on FFN, I come to you to offer my services. I am known as lilgenious on this site (or just Lil), but I am throughout the web under a few aliases.

Books: Notre-Dame de Paris (or Hunchback of Notre-Dame), d'Artagnan romances (Alexandre Dumas fandom on this site), Count of Monte Cristo, The Phantom of the Opera, Harry Potter, Les Miserables and Sherlock Holmes. For the books I've read but don't know if they have a fandom yet: Sarah's Key, Le Bal (Irene Nemirovsky), Suite Francaise (Irene Nemirovsky), Jezebel (Irene Nemirovsky), Lionheart, Before Versailles and some books by Patricia Cornwell.

TV shows: CSI Miami and Merlin. I know some of the Sherlock Holmes episodes (1984 series only) and I don't know if it counts as a show or a movie, but some Poirot as well (though it is a recent fave of mine, so maybe it doesn't count), I also watch Murdoch Mysteries.

Movies: Man in the Iron Mask 1998 movie version, Three Musketeers (1973, 1993, 2001 and 2011), Shrek, Puss in Boots the movie, Sherlock Holmes and Sarah's Key.

10/6/2013 #26 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

Welcome, lilgenious! Thank you for offering your services, always appreciate seeing another reader of the classics.

Hm, 1984 Sherlock Holmes is the one with Jeremy Brett yes? Should be under TV, but no category for it there. Perhaps they include it in the book section.

10/6/2013 #27 Report
AnimeGirl 144

After getting my butt in gear, I've made my list! What's listed is what I'm good in or know about enough that I could pass of with knowing it.

Anime: Naruto, InuYasha, Pokémon (Original Series), Digimon (Adventure Series heavily, the rest except Data Squad and Fusion pretty good), RWBY, Hetalia (Axis Powers, World Series, and a little of Beautiful World), Transformers (Animated, Beast Wars, Armada, Rescue Bots, and a little of Prime), a little of Speed Racer (1960 version and X version), Cyborg 009 ('01 version, though I've seen parts of the 60s and 80s versions), Yu-Gi-Oh! (a little of GX), Dragon Ball Z (roughly up to the end of the Freiza saga), Peter Pan No Bouken, Gundam Seed, Zatch Bell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach (up to Soul Society arc), IGPX, s-CRY-ed, Tenkai Knights

Cartoon: Gargoyles, Filmore, Codename: Kids Next Door, Justice League & Unlimited, Teen Titans, Legion of Super Heroes, Young Justice (Season One only), Generator Rex (Up to Season Two), Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Avengers Assemble, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated, Liberty's Kids, Titan Maximum, G.I. Joe: Renegades, Tron Uprising, Hot Wheels: Battle Force Five, The Mighty Ducks, The Venture Bros., W.I.T.C.H., Speed Racer (The New Adventures, Next Generation), Archer, Get Ed, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Samurai Jack, Ben 10, Camp Lazlo, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, X-Men: Evolution, some Winx Club, Rugrats, All Grown Up, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Ever After High, Loonatics Unleashed, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go, Monster High, Bravest Warriors

TV Shows: Star Trek (Original Series), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Scrubs, Band of Brothers

Books: Harry Potter, 1984, Fahrenheit 451, The Looking Glass Wars series

Movies: Harry Potter series, Tron, Transformers trilogy, Abram's Star Trek series, Indiana Jones series, Spirited Away, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Superman/Batman series, Nolan's Batman trilogy, Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes series, Toy Story trilogy, Star Wars series, Nowhere Boy, A Hard Day's Night, HELP!, Marvel Cinema Universe, Rise of the Guardians, almost anything Disney, Team America: World Police, Scooby-Doo movies (especially Zombie Island and Stage Frights), Galaxy Quest, Wrath of Khan, almost anything Pixar, X-Men (specially First Class), Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Ghost Rider, Osmosis Jones, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Games: Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall, Epic Mickey series, Gotcha Force, Pokemon series, Super Smash Bros. series, Kingdom Hearts series, DC Universe Online

Misc: Red vs Blue, Greek Mythology (I'm currently taking a Greek Mythology class, and I will be learning Roman myth later in the semester)

There's probably more I'm missing, but I can't think of them now. If they come up, I'll edit.

10/28/2013 . Edited 11/12/2015 #28 Report
Kadaj5

It's time I provided my own list.

Anime: Ojamajo Doremi, Pokemon, Yugioh (Original, 5D's, and Zexal; GX is a little iffy), Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Games: Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts

Western Animation: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Yeah...that's about it. I'll probably add more to the list as I broaden my horizons better.

12/10/2013 #29 Report
A HorusTheAvenger

Thank you, Kadaj. Reposting this on RogueMudblood's behalf:

so if anyone who might be familiar with the books, specifically "The Last Olympian," would see fit to PM me, I'd appreciate it - I have a story which I need looked at. When I see 400K words written in under four months, my alarms go off, but I'm not getting exact matches.

12/11/2013 #30 Report
61 found: Page 1 .. Last Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service