Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Pretty Cure chatroom »
Pretty Cure: Color Chaos Info
A animefanman777

Hi there viewers. Pretty Cure has been going on ever since in 2004 of "Max Heart" and is a big hit in Japan. Ten years Toei Animation worked hard on the series and celebrated their anniversary for their great success. I like the Pretty Cure series because all the characters are unique and funny in their own way, and so are the motifs of each Pretty Cure series. Heatcatch Precure is one of my favorites, Tsubomi always makes me laugh.

I always wanted to try to make a Pretty Cure fanfic, but I wanted to make sure it's unique, meaning something Toei Animation haven't thought or produced yet for their series. The idea of the story came to me when I was listening to Disney's classical song "The Wonderful World of Color." That's when it struck me. Using the world of color and the Pretty Cures together got my start on "Pretty Cure: Color Chaos"

There will be characters that have colorful terms for their names, plus it's a long story that you viewers are going to like. It's not like five chapters long I can assure you. I hope you enjoy "Pretty Cure: Color Chaos" and keep commenting and reviewing on my chapters. Thank You.

7/9/2014 . Edited 7/9/2014 #1 Report
Heavy Lok

Managed to find your forum. Took a few tries.

Out of curiosity, my question is: "Why do you like adding yourself into existing canon"?

11/20/2014 #2 Report
A animefanman777

Nothing Personal, But I always like to play as the smart and wise character, like a detective aiding the heroes or main characters. Solving Puzzles and mystery stories, like Professor Layton, is one of my favorite hobbies, so I would include myself as a character, with my name, who likes solving puzzles and mysteries. And I always like a good anime or story, so I always imagined myself that I'm part of the show too. My dream is one day to become popular in show or movie biz. ;)

11/20/2014 #3 Report
Heavy Lok

In a universe where each Pretty Cure member has a smart individual, YOU are prioritising your brain over theirs?

Do you not see anything remotely wrong with that? (I'm also pretty sure I'm the only user here. You may wanna advertise this forum a bit more :-))

11/20/2014 . Edited 11/20/2014 #4 Report
A animefanman777

I see your point. I what meant to say in this Pretty Cure story is that I'm just as smart as the Pretty Cures, and I don't have powers, but I'm like a good and handy friend that the Pretty Cures need on the team, like a sidekick. My character may not be the main star hero like the Pretty Cures, but I thought it's nice to have a smart and normal human on their side.

And I'll try to make my forum be a little more advertising, if I can.

11/20/2014 #5 Report
Heavy Lok

I get that your self-insert is as smart as the girls, but that's not the issue. What I am referring to is you doing all the thinking when the heroes are in a pinch.

This doesn't bold well to canon-established characters.

Do you still not see what I am getting at?

11/20/2014 #6 Report
A animefanman777

I now see your view. I'm sorry if I didn't understand what you said at first, my understanding in English is terrible.

To your question, yes I do the thinking when the Pretty Cures are in a pinch, but not always. If that bothers you still, then I'll try to lay that off as much as I can in the story and focus on the event that the Pretty Cures are really desperate in need of help, so like I can take the battle if the Pretty Cures are totally injured, trapped, or captured.

11/20/2014 #7 Report
Heavy Lok

English ain't your thing? I get ya.

Granted, heroines like Pretty Cure are tough as nails. Which means the chances of them receiving any of the three you listed would be quite low. In other words, it's gonna take forever for something dramatic like that to happen. (The paint does not count unless the effect had the lethality of Medusa, stone cold) What you should do is contribute alongside the smart heroines. Otherwise, you're gonna come off as a bossy guy with an inconceivable harem.

11/20/2014 . Edited 11/20/2014 #8 Report
A animefanman777

I understand, and don't worry, I won't "guide" the Pretty Cures to do what I say to defeat the enemies like I'm everyone's bossy hero. I only take action when the Pretty Cures are in a desperate pinch, only to aid and free them, and let the Pretty Cure finish the fight to the end.

11/20/2014 #9 Report
Heavy Lok

Alrighty, then.

By the way, since you're in the story, it's beneficial to fight back one way or another. It would be a disservice to the user's own self-insert if you didn't. Of course, taking action could potentially label you as a Mary Sue, which is very bad.

Brains all the way, I suppose. (I tend to stick to brawn than brain, so I'm not a fan of strategy)

11/20/2014 #10 Report
A animefanman777

Yeah, in the Pretty Cure story, I'm more of a thinking person who likes to solve puzzles and mysteries, and figure out tough situations. Not a fighter, that I don't like. ;)

What's Mary Sue by the way?

11/20/2014 #11 Report
Heavy Lok

A Mary Sue is...umm...

a character who is important in the story, possesses unusual physical traits, and has an irrelevantly over-skilled or over-idealized nature

Or something more detailed.

The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.

She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions, even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn't love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author's favorite canon character — their love interest, illegitimate child, never-before-mentioned sister, etc. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series. (See Common Mary Sue Traits for more detail on any of these cliches.)

That's what the Net says.

11/20/2014 #12 Report
A animefanman777

Alright, thanks for the info.

Stick around for more Pretty Cure: Color Chaos chapters. ;)

11/20/2014 #13 Report
Heavy Lok

Just breezed through your suggested chapters of 9 and 11. The changes are, to my surprise, very subtle. They fit your self-insert, given that he has no power to fight alongside Pretty Cure. On one hand, it's a downer as he can't do anything but watch, on the other hand, it can make the readers relate to him. If I was in his shoes, I would come to a similar conclusion.

Oh, while I'm here, I feel the need to help a little more. *Ahem* As far as the plot is concerned, there doesn't seem to be much deviation between chapters. Each has the entirety of Pretty Cure working together in combating a common foe whilst the innocent must watch from the sidelines. If you continue to rehash the same formula again and again, your audience ain't gonna stick around and when that happens...well...you may not identify the cause unless someone points it out. (I get the feeling I'm about to repeat myself, so I'mma do it for good measure.) If the plot escalates, I would recommend a chapter involving the capture of Pretty Cure - this technique would not make the heroines look weak, but merely a demonstration of the villain's superiority.

On the plus side, this would temporality enable your self-insert to become the focus of the chapter, and he may have to take it upon himself to do what must be done. From analysing the siutation to taking action in rescuing Pretty Cure. Normally, this approach can be seen as a means to empower your self-insert into a Mary Sue, as has many others. However, if you plan out the circumstances leading up to Matt taking responsiblity, it can be an interesting and convincing read. It would make sense and there would be zero spite.

I'm speaking from a darkfic point-of-view, so how you interpret these techniques of storytelling is up to you. Some are great; some are terrible. In the end, it comes down to how much love you invest into your fanfic. (In this case, it's writing quality)

11/21/2014 . Edited 11/21/2014 #14 Report
A animefanman777

I think understand what you said about your suggestions.

And don't worry, the arcs in this story is not going to be the same kind every time. The first arcs are to introduce the three villains of the story. But as the story progress, each arc will have a different plot line. I'll try my best to make them unique as possible.

As for my character, I'll be a person who like solving puzzles, mysteries, and coming up plans in case the Pretty Cure are stuck on something. I won't be a fighting hero too much, just someone smart who is handy to have around.

Thank you for your suggestions. I keep the in mind and do my best.

11/21/2014 #15 Report
Heavy Lok

You kinda missed the point. (Or my explanation wasn't straightforward. Either way, I'mma clear things up) In certain scenarios, there are moments where the non-powered protagonist is given the opportunity in rescuing his/her friends from mortal danger. Obviously, one can solve the issue quite easily with the use of weaponry, both physical and magical. Your self-insert, however, is not much of a fighter and would rather use his intellect in outwitting the enemy of the day. Where there is a will, there is a way, and this workaround I'm about to explain will be right up your alley. Your self-insert already has a weapon, the most powerful of them all and it's hidden in plain sight: The weapon called "THE MIND"!!!! Joking aside, if you presented yourself against a villain and laid the smach down with logic, it would make any villain feel like they're in the wrong and encourage Pretty Cure in saving the day - a win-win for both yourself and the heroines.

11/22/2014 #16 Report
Heavy Lok

OMG, where in my paragraph did I suggest that your self-insert should be a fighter? I am waning over the fact that you somehow misinterpreted my post.

11/22/2014 #17 Report
A animefanman777

Okay… I'm reading your last comment VERY carefully, and I think I got it.

I'm sorry about my last comment, it sounded like I did something wrong and I got little upset. I was a little bit tired and upset because of my college work.

But to your comment, yeah there will be moment where my character will overcome a villain in a certain scene, but now in the story so far, think about my character as a secondary character like the fairies. Y'know, just someone or friend tagging along with the Pretty Cures for the adventure.

11/22/2014 . Edited 11/23/2014 #18 Report
A animefanman777

so um… yeah sorry about the misunderstanding and I hurt you. :(

I just didn't fully understand what you trying to say at first. Like I said, I'm bad in English.

11/22/2014 . Edited 11/22/2014 #19 Report
Heavy Lok

I completely forgot about that little detail. My apologies, I'll keep things simple and easy to understand in the future.

At this early stage, playing the row of a secondary character is okay. To make the most of it, mianly for you and your self-insert, try to interact with the cast as much as possible. (Also, sorry for pushing these ideas on you. I was thinking a little far.)

One last thing: When performing the roll call, (The part where the heroes introduce themselves) It's best to keep them short by summarising them in descriptions. You should just use the last part of their roll call where they say their title.

11/24/2014 . Edited 11/24/2014 #20 Report
A animefanman777

No problems, you were just trying to help me improve my self-insert. I just got upset because I has a lot of studying and housework to do on that day. I was tired. Thanksgiving is coming.

question: 1.what do you mean interact with the Pretty Cures? like friendly talk?

2. If there comes a time in my story that all the Pretty Cures and some fairies are suddenly captured (kidnapped) and it's my time to shine, what kind of role would I do? ex: rescue mission, besides confronting an enemy face to face.

And the part of the introduction, which one? Where my self-insert meets the Cures, or the transformation scenes. I'll fix that when I have the chance.

11/24/2014 . Edited 11/25/2014 #21 Report
Heavy Lok

I was going to submit my post yesterday, but I accidently deleted it. I got angry, but I'm calm now, so here's my response.

In a story where the main character is a self-insert who goes on an adventure alongside the legendary Pretty Cure, you should try your best in getting to know them. Of course, being their friend won't mean anything - on its own, it's just an empty title. Talk to each member and learn who they are inside. These are traits, such as personality, hobbies, likes and dislikes, habits, etc... These are what makes a character. If your self-insert has similar traits, you should share them, which in turn would produce a powerful connection between you and the girls called a 'bond'. Many stories use this technique to build upon relationships. Pretty cure is no exception - the stronger the bond, the more determined one can become to protect his/her friends.

If your scenario comes true in the future, you would play the role of a strategist. Analyse the situation, recall pieces of dialogue that may hold clues, the location of the bad guys and speculate what they intend to do to Pretty Cure. If you already know and it is without a doubt life-threatening, then you have to stop it as soon as possible.

Time is important in situations like this. For example: Although you managed to rescue Pretty Cure, you were late, which means the girls had suffered for quite awhile due to the torture. This will cause some of the girls to dislike or even outright hate you. If this happens, your bonds will shatter. However, if you save them in time, they would naturally thank you and their trust in you would grow. A powerful bond between friends is a key theme.

Coming face-to-face against the bad guys would be interesting, but you would need to retaliate their verbal abuse with logical thinking. This involves pointing out the faults in the villain's plan or anything related. If captured Pretty Cure members are around, your speech may encourage them to break free. (How this happens is up to you. Depends on the overall context)

"Everyone, all together! PRETTY CURE ALL STARS!!!" Keep this one and get rid of the rest. Repeating all of their roll calls every time they transform is repetitive. If you want, just say something like, "all the girls were engulfed in a bright light that soon faded with time, revealing they had transformed into the warriors of legend once more - Pretty Cure." Mine's a little long, but it's just an example.

11/25/2014 #22 Report
A animefanman777

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. These thoughts are very helpful for me to write the next chapters and arcs in the future. I'll keep these in mind and save your post in case I need them for helpful notes.

I like your bonding idea, it'll help my self-insert, and my self will come out something great near the end of the story. But, that's way in the future.

My scenario as a strategist is just for me, I like playing a smart and clever guy when it comes to saving people, or solving puzzles and situations. I'll keep in mind of the last-minute rescue to save the Pretty Cures, just right before their threatening. I'll probably do my scenario just once in my story. The face-to-face scene, my character will try to talk some sense into the villain, but not exactly defeating him/her by talking it out.

And the introduction part, maybe I'll roll call the Pretty Cures one more time in the next (3rd) arc (because of another, and last, general villain leader), but after that I'll shorten the transformation scene further in the story. If that's a bother, let me know.

Thank you, and enjoy my story. Remember, my story is only the beginning. A lot chapters and arcs will be on the way.

11/25/2014 #23 Report
Heavy Lok

Your description regarding the trap was...average in terms of quality. In comparison to the rest of the information on the same chapter, it seems out-of-place. You should try and string them together into long paragraphs, which will create a smooth narration.

(P.S. You should alert your readers about this forum in your "Author's Notes". As far as I can tell, I am still the only user who strikes a conversation with you.)

1/11/2015 . Edited 1/11/2015 #24 Report
A animefanman777

Um..., which chapter are you talking about?

Didn't mention that.

1/17/2015 #25 Report
Heavy Lok

The latest chapter.

1/17/2015 #26 Report
alexasharonrice1

I drew the English Logos of Sailor Moon and the Pretty Cure All Stars

5/29/2020 #27 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service