Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » WizPir101 »
Wizard101 Quest Help
M BuBuWinter

Struggling with a quest in the lovely Wizard101? Ask for help here! I'm sure one of us will gladly assist you. :3

7/2/2014 . Edited 7/2/2014 #1 Report
A Rebecca Ripple

Hey, all you wonderful peeps! I'm looking for advice on tackling a spell quest... My level 86 Life wizard is ready to repair the Sun school obelisk in Azteca. Mainly, what I'm wondering is, does the boss in the Sun quest cheat or require some special strategy or stun-resistant gear?

I have a set (hat, robe and boots) that has 45% total stun resistance, and it's really good for defense, too, like resisting damage and blocking enemy criticals. It's not the best I have for casting attack spells, though, and it's only for wizards at level 70 or higher.

Since one must either solo all spell quest duels or summon henchmen/minions who, quite frustratingly, use one's traps and such without any real sense of strategy, I would like to know which you all think is more valuable when soloing this quest: better attack gear, or more defensive gear?

Thanks in advance!

7/3/2014 . Edited 7/3/2014 #2 Report
The Dimenssionalist

So you want to defeat the Sun boss for the Azteca sun spells? You have two solutions here:

1. Spend crowns on minions or power potions.

2. Give up and cry.

Seriously though, that boss is a pain. You're gear isn't really the issue (although you might find Waterworks gear a better alternative), the problem is that the boss fight is too OP for words. All I can say is unless you're Alexander Lionheart, you don't stand a Lost Soul of chance. If you use the minions, stick with defensive gear and let the minions do all the work. Don't feel bad about buying them either (unless the money was stolen or was supposed to be used on something more important).

Sources: myself, who spent days trying to beat the quest without crown minions and eventually caved in a bought two of them.

7/4/2014 . Edited 7/4/2014 #3 Report
A Rebecca Ripple

Oh, okay... gotcha. So I definitely need more crowns as soon as possible.

I've never been in the Waterworks, but there's a reason for that: I've heard it can take roughly four long hours to complete, which is very, very daunting for me... Two hours is plenty... But four? Not likely. :( Does it really take that long each time you do it, even for an Archmage or higher?

Just this morning, I started doing the FreeKIGames Trivia quizzes to earn up to 100 crowns a day, but it'll be a while (more than a week, since I have about 400-something Crowns at the moment) before I get enough to hire three top-level henchmen. In any case, I'm very low on real-life funds right now, so I'll have to just keep working at the trivia quiz things.

By the way, I agree, Alexander Lionheart is A-plus-wesomesauce! *lol* I like KvExperiences best out of the lot, though. He is so cool! I just wish he'd smile more, but that's such a small thing to think about. :) I've been trying to figure out how to livestream, but I figure I should at least be able to walk into the Silent Market in Khrysalis first. I'll figure that out eventually.

But anyway...

So this boss cheats up a storm, I take it? Is it anything like it is with Young Morganthe in Ghost Avalon? I made a joke in a semi-old journal entry of mine just after I'd seen a walkthrough of Ghost Avalon for the first time: "[Morganthe]'s got an appointment, or so I've read, with Dr. von Katzenstein to work on her Woolly Mammoth addiction." Lol, I love that idea... What a fun little plot bunny that might turn out to be! Hah!

Reminds me of a fanfic idea I thought of ages ago, based on an old Harry Potter fanfic I started to read... But that's a story for another day. :P

7/4/2014 #4 Report
Hidden Knife

I dunno who told you four hours. Really it's two hours tops. At your level it shouldn't take long. Provided you're in a group with at least two other members at at least the minimum level for the dungeon. Thing is, getting the full set of gear can take either an afternoon or several months. For example: I got my hat on my first run through. I sold it like an idiot and got it back on my second run. The robe took several attempts to get and I never got the boots no matter how much I went in. My little brother got the robe on his first try, the boots on his second try and the hat several tries later. "So this boss cheats up a storm I take it?" The sad part is that he doesn't cheat. He has two minions, a lot of health and powerful spells. However, there is a chance he's not as strong as I've been making him out to be. There was an update that happened months ago that weakened the enemies in Azteca. I had cleared the world before the update so I'm not sure how much weaker they are. Mayhaps the boss has been crippled to the point of fairness. I still recommend going in with Waterworks gear, That stuff can serve you well from level 60 to level 100 even. By the way, what's this about free crowns?

7/4/2014 #5 Report
A Rebecca Ripple

That is great to know. I don't remember exactly where I heard it was 4 hours, but my Theurgist is asleep at the sigil (meaning I went to the door and logged out, hehe) so hopefully someone can help me with that next time I'm in the game. Anyway, thanks bunches for letting me know. :D

I really hope you're right about the update, and that this boss battle is more fairly fought now! I'll get a few more crowns first, though, an try the Waterworks on for size. Just to be safe... :D

Thanks again!

7/6/2014 #6 Report
A Rebecca Ripple

I finally went through the Waterworks with a Legendary/Promethean duo of friends I met at the sigil. I liked the challenge after all, but the last boss was a pain... but that's to be expected, isn't it? Lol. But at the sigil, the narrator says the dungeon can take up to four hours, so I guess that at one point, it was designed to take that long.

Anyway, I defeated Clemente Moraga after all, no special gear required, and on the first try, too! As you suggested, I bought a level 95 Storm henchman (I only had 395 crowns at the time), who was defeated about halfway through the duel but was very useful for her short span. The Wizard101 Central Wiki listed Clemente as a cheating boss, but he didn't cheat once. The duel was a lot like you said it would be... I can't believe I waited so long, though! :D

7/18/2014 #7 Report
The Dimenssionalist

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you. Now I have to do something evil to balance things out.

7/18/2014 #8 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service