Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Doom: End Times Forum »
Chapter 4 Q&As
A DaneNagai

Chapter 4

Jack Vile Ripper: Well, I didn't wanna tease any of ya any further, so take it all in as much as you want in its gory glory!

Iamnothere12: Well, that just defeats the purpose of the battle! You can't just cheap shot everything and expect to me do lazy writing!

Also, casualties. Don't wanna be accused of that sort of implication.Reader: Well, Doomguy can't be all silly everyday. And when he does get angry, he'll get ANGRY.

Dafuq123: Well, I suppose I can agree to that, but I didn't wanna keep repeating "BY KHAINE!" every time something bad happens to them.

As for the language, I kinda excuse it as a result of being in the Divinity Machine, but then I remember the Argenta could speak perfect English by the time Doomguy arrives on their world. I suppose, in theory, that the Divinity Machine somehow amplified his linguistics and understand multiple languages that exist in the multiverse.

Or you can just write it off as lazy writing. Whichever way works I guess.

X10N1C M4DN355: Oh, I know what you mean. God, the Kuroinu fanfics were really damn cathartic for me. Hope to one day write them myself. But my first outing made me scrap and work on it for another time.

GETH Prime: Plenty of friends will come.

Especially the dwarfs.

Guest: Well, it's safe to say that Doomguy's going to be having a harem soon. Unwanted or not.

Aliveyr1: well, even though I like the Druchii, I gotta make them feel like you hate their guts. They got off scot-free and I'm not showing them any sense of mercy towards them in the future.

Austin: Yeah, I couldn't tease any longer and put a lot that I wanted to throw before doing what Doomguy does best.

And the incest-thing was way before Game of Thrones was a thing (and then shunned after season 8), so everything that happens with the Targaeryns is nothing but a feather tickle compared to the sh*t you see in Naggaroth. And no worries, magic fixes everything.

So really, nothing is illegal (unless you live in Har Ganeth) in Naggaroth.

And Merry Christmas to you as well.

And aw man, another one? I only just recently found out a couple of days ago. I haven't seen season 2 yet, and I'm already bombarded with spoilers everywhere without context.

I really need to catch up right now.

EnriksD8: Dude, getting praises from you is like getting an autograph from either Guillermo Del Toro or Joe Madureira.

Like that's SOMETHING.

And well, hopefully Alarielle can walk it off as if it were a migraine. Visions will stick but she's plenty of bad sh*t before.

Geographically speaking, the Chaos Wastes are connected to every single continent that exists save for Ulthuan. From Naggaroth to the Empire to possibly Cathay.

And Kislev would technically be the Russians (Kiev Rus) mixed with Polish/Slavic roots.

Like, I'm going hard on the research with Warhammer Fantasy and there's a lot that I still have to keep implementing. Empire politics and military organization coupled with Dwarfen slangs and languags are something that I gotta pile through once I finish the Elves completely.

And the BFG thing, I'm going to save that for when the big monsters show up. Too overkill, man. Let the other toys take their spotlight for once.

And to your question about Bretonnia; culturally speaking, it is pretty much France mixed with England with a large of dose of Arthurian Mythology injected into it. France especially because if you know about their history, they were one of the most BADASS MOTHERF*CKERS in the ENTIRE medieval world (except for Mongolians and Gunpowder). So really, there's no room for doubt to say the Bretonnians speak French. Not entirely accurate, but quite close.

Still, thanks!

Rook435: Well, I couldn't just let Doomguy hog the glory to himself you know. Everyone in Warhammer is a badass, even the pointy-eared pricks. So I gotta let them off the leash and have the fun as well.

And I'm definitely gonna add plenty of magic to Doomguy's arsenal. But there's gonna be plenty of twists when I reveal them.

As for how the fight with Malekith will go, definitely leaving it under the dark like everything else.

And finally, let's talk about Gwenivar. Gwen was the response of a very minor character found in Dan Abnett's Malus Darkblade first novel. And it is one of the MOST infamous scenes.

Let me give you a hint: it involves heavy "En-Tee-Arr". A genre so loathsome, I wouldn't even wish it upon anyone (unless you're either a total asshole or an ugly bastard, then you deserve it completely).

So yeah, she will play a part in the story simply because I felt so damn bad about "her" fate in the novel. Call it reincarnation or something. Doesn't matter. She's getting a second chance at life.

Find love, probably. And even help Doomguy by the time they get to Bretonnia.

So yeah, that's about it. Again, thanks for the review!

OldNovelHistory: That's certainly an odd way of praising one's work. But I'll take it as a compliment so thanks!

Golden Nova: Well somebody had to turn that coal into diamond before putting it back into the pile and hoping someone finds it in the rough.

Anyways, that's all folks! I have officially exhausted myself and taking a long break until next month.

I wanna say thanks to everyone of you guys out there reading this story! I honestly didn't think all of you would enjoy this enthusiastically as I expected to be!

I still have to update the chapter due to spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and post it on Ao3 and Spacebattles. And I'm still open to any questions on my PM.

Also, consider the chapter as a late birthday present for DOOM's 27th anniversary as well as an early Christmas gift!

Now if only I could send a physical golf club so I can vent out my frustrations after the VGA!

LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SEVEN F*CKING AWARDS FOR TLOU2?! THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN SOME OF THEM TO GHOST OF TSUSHIMA OR DOOM ATLEAST! AND I WOULDN'T HAVE MIND IF ANIMAL CROSSING WON GOTY! I CAN RESPECT HADES FOR ACTION EVEN THOUGH DOOM SHOULD BE THE ONE TO GET ACTION OF THE YEAR, BUT FF7REMAKE FOR SOUNDTRACK?! IT'S JUST A DAMN REMIX OF THE ORIGINAL!

IT'S F*CKING RIGGED, I TELL YOU! RIGGED!

F*CKKKKK!

Anyways, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

UPDATE: Guys, I was kidding about the harem thing. I know Doomguy is not interested given the world-ending cataclysms he has to deal with on a daily-basis. Sex is fleeting, but DOOM is Eternal. Still, expect a LOT of thirsty women cheering for him in the story. Even the OG girl herself.

3/25/2021 . Edited 3/25/2021 #1 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service