Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » T w i l i g h t d o m »
WHAT DO YOU THINK DO STEPHENIE MEYER?????
Shakespeare Freakazoid

Shakespeare confuses me XD

*Waves* I can translate Shakespearian!!!!!! And I speak it fluently.

No, not like I "fluently" speak Italian. :P

I really do speak it.

9/6/2008 #91 Report
M prettypinkbookworm

I think she's being somewhat of a drama queen and a bit of a hippocrite.

9/8/2008 #92 Report
Forbidden Blue Rose

Stephanie Meyer isn't that great of a writer, I'm sorry.

Twilight was good but it's not that great....

I've read way better books.

9/9/2008 #93 Report
Maestra Girl

I quite agree.

But I think for a while, everything's dying down. There will be the movie, and then I expect a grey period where stephenie meyer will become just another author amoung the masses.

9/10/2008 #94 Report
Drowned Hopes

Stephenie Meyer is a good writer with a TON of potential. She is also a whiny romantic.

I mean, she needs to learn that she can't just throw out two or three major plot twists in one book when all of them are just out of nowhere. There's something to be said for actually setting things up and not just saying "screw plot, this is romance".

She's awesome when it comes to drawing out emotions, and she's pretty good at small plot twists when she only has to set them up over the course of a few chapters. But "the modern Shakespeare"? Heck no. She needs to learn how to put effort into her writing, not just emotion.

And frankly, I think it's whiny to promise fans a book, give out tons of information on it and the book title, then say "Oh! Sorry, I don't feel like writing it now" just because someone set her back by leaking it.

9/13/2008 #95 Report
M Topaz in the Meadow

I agree.

10/18/2008 #96 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

I think whiny romantic would define Meg Cabot.

If steph plans on more books besides host and twilight series......id be grateful for them

two books arent enough to define her complee genre

i like her author skills. shes a nice writer.

now shakespeare is a baaaad comparison...all that confusing language!!!

10/31/2008 #97 Report
M Topaz in the Meadow

XD That's why the Shakespear books have been translated. XD

11/1/2008 #98 Report
M prettypinkbookworm

Though I could barely discern the writing on the above post (not you topaz, above that) because of the utter abuse it did to the English language, you don't have to enjoy Shakespear to consider it good writing. He made a HUGE impact on the English language and literature. If Shakespeare hadn't lived, how exactly do you think Breaking Dawn would have been inspired, hmmm? Ever heard of something called "A Midsummers Night Dream"?

If Shakespeare has confusing language, it's hard enough to read words like "id" and "complee", not to mention poor contractions who had their apostrophes taken away.

Translation: this isn't the place for text speak.

11/1/2008 #99 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

i must admit that i LOVED Much Ado About Nothing and As You Like It. Shakespeare is good with those.

if stephenie released another series, equally as good as twilight but completely unique in its own way, then would you be excited enough to read it?

sorry for the typos :(

i like your dp, prettypink. its cool.

11/26/2008 #100 Report
M prettypinkbookworm

...what's a dp?

11/26/2008 #101 Report
M Topaz in the Meadow

Display pic. AKA Your av. XD

11/26/2008 #102 Report
M prettypinkbookworm

Ooooh! *is easily confused by internet slang*

So you like Monty Python, Ash? Awesome :D

11/26/2008 #103 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

whats that? sorry lol i dunno who orwhat that is....

but the color combination and the cutewordsr cool.....

i like yours too topaz!!! i looove dancing.

11/27/2008 #104 Report
M prettypinkbookworm

...Monty Python is where my avatar quote is from. You can't understand the avatar without having seen the movie.

11/27/2008 #105 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

ah!!! ok. sure.

is it a good movie?

11/28/2008 #106 Report
M prettypinkbookworm

Obviously I think it is, else I wouldn't have put it as my avatar.

11/28/2008 #107 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

*rolls eyes*

cool. I'm not going to ask what it is about - It will proabably make you pissed at me again.

Have you read any Sophie Kinsella books?

11/28/2008 #108 Report
Tazabelle

Over-rated doesn't even come close. But she has her moments.

1/18/2009 #109 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

lol - stepheie is cool if she writes something more...

1/19/2009 #110 Report
M Topaz in the Meadow

idk veryone was so OMFG bout the movie that im kinda sick of the whole twilight thing. x____x

3/19/2009 #111 Report
alcyonegrey.x3

While I love her books, I'd hardly call her the modern Shakespeare. Yes, she's a good author. Not the greatest, I've read better (J.K. Rowling, and I know I might get shot for this comment :P). She's a *smidgen* overrated. But her books have a very addictive quality. They pull you in.

8/1/2009 #112 Report
BHICH1412

What do I think of Stephanie Meyer?

Well, I think she should stop raping thesaurus. The words that she uses aren't right. Did you know that Edward's arms are witty conversationalists? And his chest radiates emotion? Haha. I'm not kidding.

Her sentences are too short and simple... unless Smeyer is describing something unnessesarily. Like Edward's talking arms and clearly emotional chest... have you ever noticed your belly looks like a face? Things to ponder...

She can't write s***, really. ^_^ rotflmfao

8/7/2009 . Edited 8/7/2009 #113 Report
M Jarc is teh win 8D

^ I agree with this comment.

8/7/2009 . Edited 8/7/2009 #114 Report
BHICH1412

Oh! I just came up with the best theory ever on why Twilight is so horrible! What if Smeyer is really 'trolling'? And she made it so horrible on purpose? And is laughing her butt off right now about it?

8/14/2009 #115 Report
Aishwarya Swan-Cullen

I have totally not been on here since forever.

Well, I must impress on the fact that I, now, am officially sick of Twilight. It is pathetic. I agree with BHICH.

8/28/2009 #116 Report
QueenAlla

Modern Shakespeare...? Please tell me you're joking.

What do you mean by 'confusing writing'? There are many brilliant novels out there that aren't difficult to read at all.

1/9/2010 #117 Report
QueenAlla

Now that is an excellent theory, BHICH ;)

1/9/2010 #118 Report
NothingHuman

While I do enjoy Stephanie Meyer and the novels she had written, I'd never call her a Modern Shakespeare. I honestly consider her novels my Guilty Pleasure, meaning she does good with the relationships and some of the characterizations especially Bella, Edward, and Jacob but I felt as if she could have explained much more rather than going on about the descriptions for quite some time. Now I understand how dazzled Bella was by Edward, however there was much room she could have used, for example to explain more about what Edward did all through his immortality before meeting Bella, Jacob's life before, Bella...Heck she could have told us more about Bella's life before the books. For example she never really explains what Bella does in her spare time besides read and take care of Charlie. Now its obvious for the reader that Bella is selfless in that regard. However she could have developed the characters even more. I'd would have loved to learn more about The Cullens and the Pack.

I suspose thats what fanfiction is for though,hmm?

1/17/2010 #119 Report
lion'slamb01

Ok I have a question but I didn't know where to put it so I guess I'll just put it here...

I have heard some people complain about Stephanie Meyer and Twilight being sexist and I don't really understand where people come to that conclusion. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were about that and if anyone here really feels that way.

5/29/2010 #120 Report
130 found: « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service