V
More
Forums » Twilight: the next generation »
Beta Readers/ Story Advice/ Chat *Open to the Public*
A APersonYouWillNeverKnow

---Topic Open to Everyone---

This is the topic where you can

What is a Beta Reader?

.. person who reads a work of fiction with a critical eye, with the aim of improving grammar, spelling, characterization, and general style of a story prior to its release to the general public. Like an editor for youe story to make it better

----------30 Ways to Stay Creative----------

1.Make list

2.Carry a notebook everywhere: Inspiration can come and go in an instant so it's important to write it down before it evaporates into the universe.

3.Try free writing

4.Quit beating yourself up

5.Take breaks

6.Sing in the shower

7.Drink coffee

8.Listen to music: Don't be one of those people who stop growing musically and make the claim that back in the day music was better. Music will continue to change and evolve and so should you.

9.Be open

10.Get away from the computer for a bit

11.Surround yourself with creative people: There is a profound quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that I'd like to add upon but first allow me to share with you the original "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." I'd want to add at the start of the quote "Extraordinary minds action ideas"

12.Get feedback

13.Collaborate

14.Don't give up

15.Practice practice practice

16.Allow yourself to make mistakes

17.Go somewhere new: and this could be to a new room in your house or a park it doesn't have to be out of the away

18.Count your blessings

19.Get lots of rest: We all know how important sleep is for our body and mind yet most of us still rob ourselves of getting quality R&R. A Harvard Scientist found that sleeping on ideas boosts your creativity by 33% So those moments you can't decide don't force it just sleep on it.

20.Take risks

21.Break the rules: Everyone has there own way of staying creative. There is no right way. If something works for you write it down and try to duplicate it again. In the famous words of Bruce Lee "Do what works, discard what doesn't"

22.Don't force it: "Don't force the funny it's important to remain organic". The moment you begin to force ideas it will very clearly appear artificial.

23.Read a page of the dictionary

24.Create a frame work: Give yourself guidelines that you won't go on facebook or do things that diminish productivity. Until you get the important stuff out of the way first.

25.Stop trying to be someone else perfect

26.Got an idea? Write it down

27.Clean your workspace

28.Tidy Loose Ends Later: if you spent all the time you are trying to be creative, also being logical and fixing up mistakes, it not only leads to less inspiring results but it is a much slower process. Let your mind wander, see what you come up with, and tidy the loose ends when you are finished.

29.Have fun

30. Finish something

..........Do Not..........

Advertize in this topic advertize it Here where you can advertize anything

-Have fun

APersonYouWillNeverKnow (Prez)

8/16/2012 . Edited 8/16/2012 #1 Report
minimoonme

I have a story with Embry and a oc. It starts right when he phases. Does anyone have an idea of what month he phased in? I've only read New Moon once and I do not beileve they said when. In Eclipse it was snowing so I'm thinking he would phase in April or August. Because I think they were still in school. I want my story to be accurate even a guess would be helpful :).

9/18/2012 #2 Report

He phases after jacob right and jacob phases after christmas right? and embry phases a good time before edward comes back i think so I would say the spring time

9/18/2012 #3 Report
minimoonme

I think he phased before Jacob. But yeah actually the spring sounds like a good guess. I needed that to determine the weather and how long I had before Eclipse. Thanks -.

9/18/2012 #4 Report

Oh never mind I am thinking Quil that phased after Jacob but embry phased only a few weeks before Jacob

9/18/2012 #5 Report
minimoonme

Okay so Embry phased oh let's say two weeks before christmas.

9/18/2012 #6 Report
Alinka

If you still haven't found any beta until now, I wouldn't mind to be your beta on notice. I'm currently looking for an opportunity to practice my editing skills. I'm an English major in senior year :)

9/25/2012 #7 Report

Hey Alinka,

I am going to be an english major next year :D but until then i would like to test your skills if you would like. I have 3 stories I am working on but my insprition comes in goes in burst so sometimes I have serious writers block and other days I am writing like all day so I am not consitant, but if you would like to beta I have some chapters that need a good eye

9/26/2012 #8 Report
Alinka

Send me your draft then :) I won't mind doing it if you don't mind me having it as a practice tool :D you can PM me your email.

10/2/2012 #9 Report

I don't mind my work is a good pratice tool i usally have misspellings and some grammer problems :D

10/4/2012 #10 Report
SwissMurga

Ello! Im kinda new to this type of RP and i admit its kinda hard for me to figure out this type of RP. So if the Admin or any Mod reads this, please to PM me on how to get started. :)

10/16/2012 #11 Report
Shy girl 23

Can someone tell me if this Roleplay Is still going on?

11/26/2012 #12 Report
WavonnaStarling

I have written a lot of stories and want to write a Twilight one but i'm having major writers block. Any tips?

12/30/2012 #13 Report
luvz.hiddenphantom

Hey, I'm Andi!

I made this youtube video and it would be really cool, if you guys could check it out! Its about 'The Volturi' ! It has clips from Breaking Dawn part 2 and New Moon! Thanks! (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Erx0M1-bo

3/15/2013 #14 Report
M Jesse'sGhostGirl28

This is not the topic for advertising Andi

3/17/2013 #15 Report
s2rocks

I need advice of you guys, is this story needs beta reader because i'm really confused.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9279657/1/Totally-Scre wed

5/22/2013 #16 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service