You have reached msdarque's profile. If you want, you can leave a message. Though it may take some time for me to answer you as I'm probably busy drooling over various hotties on TV, like over very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo (from NCIS), doctor Daniel Jackson (from Stargate Sg-1), doctor Rodney McKay (from Stargate Atlantis) .. LOL
I have various addictions (I'm just going to name a few here): everything related to Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate Atlantis, reading fan fiction, drinking insane amounts of coffee, studying languages, psychology, mythology & different cultures... sometimes even writing a poem or two.
But before you leave here's something to take with you:
"Somewhere, just out of sight, the unicorns are gathering."
If you are obsessed with fan fiction, then copy this into your profile.
You know you live in 2010 when...
1.) You accidentally enter your password on a microwave.
2.) You haven't played solitaire with real cards for years.
3.) The reason for not staying in touch with your friends is they don’t have a screenname or My Space account.
4.) You'd rather look all over the house for the remote instead of just pushing the buttons on the TV.
6.) Your boss doesn’t even have the ability to do your job.
7.) As you read this list you keep nodding and smiling.
8.) As you read this list you think about sending it to all your friends.
9.) And you were too busy to notice number 5.
10.) You scrolled back up to see if there was a number 5.
11.) Now you are laughing at yourself stupidly.
12.) Put this in your profile if you fell for that, and you know you did.
I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a 'fag' everyday.
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I did not have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to 'my kind'.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
I am the person who is afraid of telling his loving Christian parents he loves another male.
I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.
I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson".
- Re-post this if you believe homophobia is wrong. Please do your part to end it.
You Know You Are A Stargate Fan When . . .
1. For a second you think that a sign that reads “Gameroom” really says “Gateroom”.
2. Every time you learn about a god or goddess you wonder if they are actually an Asgard, a Goa’uld, or a former host playing the role.
3. (If you’re a girl) You see a cute guy with glasses and wonder if he has anything close to Daniel’s brains, or if that’s just wishful thinking.
4. You curse/shake your fist/ grind your teeth or otherwise show your anger/disappointment/frustration every time you hear the words or see images associated with “Sci-Fi”, “NBC” and “Universal”.
5. You curse/shake your fist/ grind your teeth or otherwise show your anger/disappointment/frustration every time you hear the names “Mark Stern” and/ or “Bonnie Hammer”.
6. Every time you see something round with lights on it, you think of the Stargate.
7. Doing historical research, you wonder to yourself, “What would Daniel do?”
8. Dealing with a hypocritical jerk you wonder to yourself, “What would Jack do?” The answer probably is, “Shoot him”.
9. One of your life goals is to visit Vancouver BC.
10. You cry because you have everyone’s autograph except for one.
11. You crack up every time someone says “indeed”, rare as that is.
12. You get confused for a second every time they mention “replicators” on Star Trek because to Sg-1 fans they are nasty techno bugs, not machines that can make coffee ice cream for you out of thin air.
13. You associate the cast members with their role on Sg-1, so when you see them on some other show you go, “On my god it’s character name!” followed by the appropriate curses/praises/surprised silence.
14. You will willingly rack your brain for hours trying to remember a detail you have forgotten without resorting to an on-line source or an episode guidebook for the answer just to prove to yourself that you know it.
15. You start designing your own trivia game because there isn’t one yet.
16. You consistently blow through the Level 28 quizzes in the official magazine with perfect scores.
17. You think of a scenario that Sg-1 has never encountered before and you start wondering what they would do… maybe you even start writing it as a fan fiction.
18. You find yourself using certain phrases like “Fer cryin’ out loud”, “Holy Hannah”, and “Holy buckets”.
19. You think the best and funniest curse word in any language is “Mik’ta”!
You know that you're addicted to NCIS when...
1. You have seen almost every episode several times and still never get tired of it.
2. You will yell if someone tries bothers you on Tuesday night when you are watching a new episode of NCIS.
3. You find yourself Gibbs Slapping people. (Or yourself)
4. You have had a dream about it or involving one of the characters.
5. You daze out while sitting at your desk and imagine yourself running along side Tony and Ziva with your gun drawn yelling, "Federal agents! Drop your weapon!"
6. You watch the movies that Tony has mentioned. As many as humanly possible that is.
7. You wish USA would put more than just three episodes a night on.
8. You have started using military references. Hit the head, scuttle butt, hit the rack, etc.
9. The majority of television you watch is of NCIS.
10. You smell something funny or hear a beeping sound and your mind goes to a chemical attack or a bomb.
11. You call people Probie and use McNicknames.
12. Your cat goes missing and you say to, "Put out a BOLO."
13. You try and convince every person you meet to watch it.
14. You use the term Hinky.
If any of these refer to you, then copy and paste it onto your profile.
You know you're addicted to Stargate: Atlantis when...
1. You have watched almost every single episode.
2. You were outraged when they cancelled the show.
3. You see a puddle on the ground and think of a Stargate.
4. You're on a plane, staring out the window, and imagining yourself in a Puddle Jumper flying through deep space.
5. You start swearing in Czech.
6. You try to get everyone you know started on the show too.
7. You use the acronyms DHD, HUD, ZedPM or ZeePM, and more.
8. You start use the words Atlantis, Stargate, Star-drive, hyper-space, Dialing Device, Wraith, Hive ships, etc more then you should.
9. The majority of television you watch is Stargate: Atlantis.
10. You wish that more channels played re-runs.
11. You wish that the show would magically start back up again.
If any of these refer to you, then copy and paste it onto your profile.
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
Re-post this if you believe in legalizing gay marriage.
'Things To Do At Wal-Mart While You Wait For Your Family To Shop:
1. Get boxes of condoms and put them in peoples' carts when they aren't looking.
2. Make a trail of orange juice on the floor to the restrooms.
3. Walk up to an employee and announce in an official tone, "I think we have a code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.
4. Put some M&M's on lay-away.
5. Set up a tent in the camping department. Tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from the bedding department.
6. Look right into the security camera and use it as a mirror while you pick your nose.
7. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from 'Mission Impossible.'
8. While handling guns in the hunting department ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.
9. In the auto department practice your Madonna look using different size funnels.
10. Hide in the clothing rack and when people browse through whisper 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'