Hi! I'm dekudiva (which you can call me if you want), but my real name is Erin. I'm a girl, obviously since how my name is spelled (I always hate it when people spell my name "Aaron", the male spelling). Let's see, um...hobbies include writing, reading, playing video games, listening to music (which I usually do at the same time as the last three), and of course hanging out with my friends. Most of my friends are guys, and although I get along with most of the girls I know, that doesn't necessarily mean I have to like it. Anyway, if I ever mention "my boys", I'm talking about my best friends, Matthew and Justin. Right now I'm focusing mainly on my LOZ fanfiction, but I have ideas for Fire Emblem fanfics and Harvest Moon. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada, and am VERY proud of that, thank you very much. It's nice there (or bad, depending on how you look at it) because it usually gets really hot in the summer and then really cold in the winter. And, no, I've never seen a polar bear up close, I do not live in an igloo, and although I do speak french (enough to get by), that is not my first language. And, yes, I love maple syrup in all forms (especially in chocolate or on pancakes...mm...). Some things to know about me: I love most anything fantasy, especially if it has romance in it; I believe in soul mates; I will randomly break into song in public; I cannot watch horror movies, but I enjoy CSI (not Miami, though, ew); I have a fangirl heart; my friends have stopped looking at me strangely a long time ago. Anyway, onto, uh, my favourites and why...
Favourite Book? Well...my favourite book series is Dragonlance, mainly because I'm a total fantasy maniac, and I love the storyline and characters. My three favourites in the series are, in order, Test of the Twins, Dragons of the Dwarven Depths, and Dragons of Summer Flame. If you've read the series, I would love it if you'd e-mail me. I can't seem to find anyone else who's read all the ones by Weis & Hickman! I also read the Inkheart trilogy, the Inheritance (or Eragon) trilogy, Pendragon, Twilight, the Sookie Stackhouse or Southern Vampire Novels, and, of course, Harry Potter. I take my book reading as seriously as I might a religion, so I have some very strong ideas about some of those.
I can't really pick a Favourite Game; I love so many, but it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem. I've played Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Four Swords, the Minish Cap, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess. Whew! I haven't beaten ALTTP or the Phantom Hourglass yet (sad, about the first, since I've had it FOREVER), but the others I have. Vaati is, like, the most awesome villain ever! Twilight Princess is my favourite of the series, though, just because I really liked the plot, setting, and general gameplay (even though the Skulltulas scared the heck outta me the first time one landed on me...). As for Fire Emblem, I've only played and beaten Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn, which I'm currently playing through twice because I really want Sephiran! And one of my amazing friends bought me Blazing Sword for my last birthday, and I love it so much! Favourite game of them, though? Can't tell you. Also, I've played several Harvest Moon games, which I love, including Runefactory. Strangely enough, I've never played any Final Fantasy games. It's probably because I don't own a PS.
Again, it's a tie for Favourite Movie. It's actually at a four-way tie this time, though. First off, there's the Princess Bride. It's a classic, and I absolutely love it. I remember our sixth grade teacher was so cool, we got to watch it in class, as well as Star Wars. Speaking of Star Wars, I like it, too, but even better are, still from George Lucas, Willow and Labyrinth. Older movies, again, but I like the storyline of Willow and the musical aspect of Labyrinth. Last but not least, Beyond Borders with Clive Owen and Angelina Jolie. That's a fantastic movie, if you've never seen it, and both leads are great in it.
I should probably not even attempt to approach this subject, but I will anyway: Favourite Music. Music is like, my life. In fact, as I write this I'm listening to Blue, by Eiffel 45. I know so many songs' name, lyrics, and artist it's not even funny. I don't have a favourite song per say, but if pressed I'd have to randomly select a song by Roche Voisine. Not everyone knows who he is; he never really made it big in the American market. I like him, and my other favourite singer is, yes, Elvis. He's sort of...well, way before my time, but you have to admit that he's a great singer, and he was a great person, too. My old music teacher claimed he was still living in Kalamazoo, but...I can't confirm that for you. In fact, I went to Memphis just this summer, and it's really nice down there (not that I would ever move anywhere outside of Canada, of course!). My current obsession, though? Billy Joel. I've always liked him, but after seeing "Moving Out" I've hardly listened to anything else...I love bursting out randomly into song, almost as much as randomly quoting Dragonlance. It drives my best friend nuts, especially when we're in public. Also, I love show music, from plays. Andrew Lloyd Webber is a genius, but at the moment I'm obsessed with Tim Rice's "Chess" (which was made with the help of the two guys from Abba), even though I kind of like the story of the Broadway version better than the original. Into the Woods is my favourite play, though, because I grew up with it. I can still recite the entire thing by heart, that's how many times I watched our tape of the original Broadway recording.
The Legend of Zelda
1. Zelda/Vaati - this is, yes, my absolute favourite. Why? I just like the idea of the good girl with the bad guy! Unfortunately, it's impossible to find chapter fanfics with this pairing. I'll just have to write one...
2. Link/Midna - I loved this in TP! I was sad when Midna had to go back through the mirror. Once I'm finished my trilogy, I might do a TP fanfic with this pairing.
5. Dark Link/Malon - same reasons as Zelda/Vaati, mostly. If you want to read a good story with this pairing, read "Shadow Bound". It's awesome.
4. Link/Zelda - ooh, really breaking from tradition, eh? lol. So far, my favourite Zelda is the one from Twilight Princess, but really, the whole princess/hero pairing appeals to the romantic side of my personality.
5. Ganondorf/Nabooru - I always sorta got the feeling that they were "together" if you get my drift, but I like the "Sage was in love with the villain" idea.
1. Eirika/Innes - No one seems to acknowledge that this pairing exists, but I am completely in love with it. I think it stems partially from the fact that Innes is definitely my type, and I like Eirika's character, and so this pairing instantly appealed to me. Now, I really can't stand them with anyone else. Get them to A support, and you'll see my reasoning.
2. Naesala/Leanne - Leanne's empathy for Naesala's situation in Radiant Dawn is what draws me to this pairing. She's the only one who understands him and forgives him for his betrayal, which really wasn't his fault, and he seems to genuinely care about her, more so than even Reyson.
3. Volke/Lucia - You can thank FenixPhoenix for this one; I read the story, "Yours To Command", which is absolutely wonderful and amazing, and thus I fell in love with this pairing. Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible in the actual game.
4. Ike/Soren - Yes, I am fully aware that this is a guy/guy pairing, but I really don't have a problem with that, and these two just go so well together. It seems obvious to me that Soren, at least, has feelings for Ike that are more than you would feel for a friend, and Ike may return them (depending on whether or not you get them to A support).
5. It's a tie. All are from Blazing Sword, and I just can't pick one. The contestants are Isadora/Legault, Jaffar/Nino, and Lyn/Rath. Isadora/Legault is born of several fanfictions I read which make this pairing lovable (even though they have a sad ending in the game). Jaffar/Nino is an interesting one, since she's 14 and he's got to be in his late twenties at the very least, but the way that she redeems him is the kind of relationship I love most. And Lyn/Rath...well, either I hate the other options for her (Hector) or I like them better with someone else (Eliwood/Ninian).
As my friends all know, I have created a new FE pairing that automatically trumps all else: Zelgerin. It's Zelgius and myself, because he is the most amazing character ever and he is totally gorgeous. In all seriousness, Zelgius is one of my favourite characters, and because there isn't any real pairing with him hinted at in the game (and I don't believe that his relationship with Sephiran was at all romantic), I just decided that I would be the perfect candidate.
I have no official list for Harry Potter because there are just too many amazing pairings, but listen up: I AM A PROUD DRAMOINE SHIPPER!! That means Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy in a relationship. I've converted all kinds of people using a mixture of evidence from the books and some fanfictions I have found that make you never go back. I don't care if you're a purist or not; I can convert you. J.K. Rowling's books have several parts where it is hinted that the two characters in question, especially Draco, do not hate each other as much as they apparently do. If you want the evidence, PM me; I'll tell you. Also, I think that Ron/Hermione is a stupid pairing and would never work in the real world. 'Nuff said.
Petals in the Breeze - (Legend of Zelda, post-Oot) "May you never take something for granted, Princess, for you never know when the wind might just whisk it away." It has been ten years since the proper time line was restored, but all is not well. For several years Hyrule has been plagued by famine and drought, and when they make a decision to beg for help from a neighbouring kingdom, they realize they have brought a war upon themselves. AU Complete.
Lilies on the Waves - (Legend of Zelda, post-Oot) Sequel to Petals in the Breeze. "So you thought you were out of the woods, but this? This is just beginning." Two years have passed since the end of the war, but things are once more taking a turn for the worse as mistrust starts to rear its head. AU
I have a wonderful co-author, my amazing friend Matthew (whose pen name I can never remember and who never logs on anyway). There are very, very few decisions I make in my writing without consulting him first to talk it over and see what he thinks. He's helped me work through the worst writer's blocks and indecisions I've had, as well as just being there as a friend. I recently learned that we cannot be trusted to be left alone with a spare piece of paper and two writing utensils; what started out as an innocent conversation evolved into a full-out doodle-fest. I believe we were talking about naming children, and because before that we had been discussing Fire Emblem, he said he would name his daughter Titania if I would name my son Zelgius. He drew a stick figure of both characters, I drew myself beside Zelgius, and then it all gets sort of muddled, but I believe all the Greil Mercenaries were eventually involved, Ike did a Soulja Boy impersonation, and Dumbledore popped up. So...this is oftentimes how we come up with the most amazing private jokes which occasionally make appearances in my writing. But, I'm pretty sure that we both go backwards in age the more bored we get when around each other. But, anyway, this is just an acknowledgment for Matt; I couldn't do it without you, buddy!
Copy and Paste
Bakura = sexy. Copy and paste if you follow this logic.
If you believe that the day Seto Kaiba's gravity-defying trenchcoat stops defying gravity is the day the world ends, copy and paste this into your profile
If you have your own little world, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you want to learn Japanese, copy/paste this into your profile
If you like to write, copy/paste this into your profile