My name: Pamela J. Austin.
I'm disabled, 56 and a mother of two grown children and I'm now a grandmother! *whoot whoot* anyhoo...
The major loves in my life: My children, books, my cat Ms. Muffin (now deceased - I miss her so very much but I have a new furbaby named Whisper whom I adore), books, movies, and did I mention books?
Team Charlie - ALL THE WAY!
Edited May, 2018
Due to a Traumatic Brain Injury my story will be up for adoption. I am unable to write any longer. I'm so, so sorry.
I'm brutally blunt and to the point. If you like it, fine. If you don't, even better.
You can tweet away about how much you hate me, but that still won't change how I feel about things.
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
If you support gay marriage and want to show it, paste this into your profile.
A few things:
Wary is arising from or characterized by caution.
Weary means physically or mentally fatigued.
Shutter is a solid window covering used to block light and winds.
Shudder means to shiver convulsively, as from fear or revulsion.
Waist is the part of the abdomen between the rib cage and hips.
Waste is rubbish, trash, refuse, garbage, junk.
Pass is to proceed, to extend, to run past.
Past is no longer current: gone by, bygone, earlier than the present time.
Idle is not in use, unemployed, lazy, lacking basis in fact.
Idol is an image regarded as an object of worship, something visible but lacking substance.
Than is in comparison or contrast with, When. Used especially after hardly and scarcely.
Then is next in time, space, or order; immediately afterward, At that time, In addition; moreover; besides, In that case; accordingly.
Vain Idiom: To no avail; without success, In an irreverent or disrespectful manner, Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless.
Vein a. Anatomy Any of the membranous tubes that form a branching system and carry blood to the heart. b. A blood vessel.
Vane is a weathervane
To a. In a direction toward so as to reach: went to the city. b. Towards: turned to me. And Reaching as far as.
Too is in addition; also, More than enough; excessively, Very; extremely; immensely, To a regrettable degree.
My favorite animals in FF:
Please, if I've reviewed/alerted/favorited your story and have missed your animal,
*mythical, real, stuffed, etc.* let me know because it NEEDS to be here! :D
Odin & Freya dogs -- -- -- Eye Candy
Douglas squirrel -- -- -- -- Cullenary Couplings
& Hennrietta *his wife*
Clive cat - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Edward Wallbanger
Kita dog - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Reality minus expectations
Jake dog -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Coming undone
Darcy cat -- -- -- -- -- -- -- A Litany at dusk
Riley dog -- -- -- -- -- -- -- I Get Off
Embry & Quill dogs - -- -- Cocktails & Dreams
Nix cat -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Be Careful What You Wish For
Scrappy dog -- -- -- -- -- The Resolution
Spunky cat -- -- -- -- -- -- 24 Looks Good on You
Lady Ambrosia pig - -- -- Lost in Meyer & Lingering in Meyer
Cujo goldfish -- -- -- -- -- I Know You
Herkie & Harley dogs - -- Illegal Contact
Murphy dog -- -- -- -- -- - Destiny and Driftwood and Murphy's POV outtake
Pancake & Turtle dogs -- And Then You
Garrett dog -- -- -- -- -- -- An Angry Man
Pedi teddy bear -- -- -- -- She Gives Me Religion
Izzy cat -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - For Whom the Bell Tolls