A Piggy Bank of Story Ideas (Story Prompts/Challenges)
I have a lot of fanfic ideas but am unable to put my time and effort into writing them. If you like any of these ideas feel free to use them, just post the link in this forum or DM it to me so that I can enjoy your work.
Demihuman Heroes (Rising Of The Shield Hero X-over)
Melromarc's people are biased against demihumans and Shield Hero because he's seen as their hero. So what if all the heroes were demi-humans from pop culture, except Naofumi the Shield Hero? Some candidates that come to mind are Inuyasha, Blake Belladonna (RWBY), Beast (X-men), etc. Try not to use OP demi-human characters like Gohan or Sephiroth.
Naofumi The Multiplayer (Rising of the Shield Hero)
Here instead of heroes being summoned from four different versions of Japan, Naofumi is summoned and cloned into four people with each clone being armed with a legendary weapon, kinda like LoZ Four Swords.
-All clones are mentally connected and have the memories of the original Naofumi Iwatani.
-They can exchange weapons but each clone can equip only one at a time.
-They form a party and leave for other countries after Trash and Bitch still try to pull their shit.
Naofumi The All Hero (Rising Of The Shield Hero)
What if Naofumi Iwatani was summoned with all the weapons without any other heroes in sight, ie, with the shield, sword, bow and spear alone? A lot of plans go down the drain.
Optional subplots you may or may not use:
- Multiple split personality disorder, you can use the original 4 including Naofumi as his personas.
- Naofumi can use only one weapon at a time at lower levels, use two weapons at mid-lower levels, use all weapons at mid-levels, combine two weapons to form a new weapon at mid-high levels and combine them all for the ultimate weapon at max.
King Eddard the Wicked Wolf (GoT)
A Rhaegar wins and Independent North AU in which Eddard Stark arrives at the Tower of Joy before the Battle of Trident but Lyanna is already dead unable to explain the truth; so Ned thinks that Rhaegar raped her and forced a child upon her. Soon enough, word reaches him that Rhaegar has won slaying both Robert Baratheon and Jon Arryn. Enraged, Ned forsakes honour and embraces wickedness to destroy Rhaegar, his first step being seceding the North from the Iron Throne and second building it strong enough to match the other 6 blow for blow.
Bonus subplots you may or may not use:
- Making Arya, instead of Jon, Lyanna's child, Ned will cherish his niece and legitimize her.
- Ned allying with the Company of Roses.
- Ned sparing Arthur due to a deal with Ashara but stealing Dawn and using it to buy the New Gift back from the Night's Watch which he'll give to the company if he hires them or his bannermen if he doesn't.
- Ned taking over the Vale and the Iron Isles either with their willingness or by conquest.
- Lots of skirmishes between the North and the South.
- Dance of Dragons 2.0 between Dany and Jon/Arya.
- Establishment of a Northern Citadel to ensure that the Maesters are loyal to the North. More bonuses for Qyburn and Marwin leading this group and making some science.
- Creating tension between Ned and the Umbers and the Karstarks over his modernist policies like hiring women soldiers or making changes to the Nights Watch.
- Ned allying with the pragmatic Boltons marrying Sansa/Arya to Domeric. Ramsay Snow dies.
- Arthur disguised as a recruit to the Night's Watch to attempt to steal back Dawn and Arya/Jon.
- After failed attempts to convince Ned of the truth and make him surrender, Rhaegar uses the Free Folk to weaken/distract Ned, they could either be destroyed or absorbed into the kingdom by Jon's suggestion.
- Rhaegar allies with the Blackfyres marrying Rhaenys to Aegon Blackfyre gaining Illyrio Mopatis' and the Golden Company's support.
- Division in Essoss between pro-Valyrian factions led by Volantis supporting Rhaegar and anti-slavery factions led by Braavos supporting Eddard.
- Rhaegar tries using disgruntled traditionalists in the North.
- Discovery of what's West of Westeros leading to trade race between North and South.
- Bran the Climber climbing the Eyrie or another tall building to save someone/open the gates for the Stark Army.
- Robb the Cunning Wolf using scorpions to defeat incoming navies at a young age.
- Jon the Berserker because I'm sure it's hinted at in the canon.
- Benjen Stark knows the truth about Lyanna and Rhaegar but doesn't tell Ned (or anyone up North) till the White Walkers come to convince him to make peace with Rhaegar.
- Rhaegar refuses to help the North against the Others unless Ned bends the knee, Ned threatens to evacuate the North and leave the rest of Westeros at the Others' mercy. After some heated words, the two agree to a temporary alliance against the Others.
Surprising lack of fem Jaime stories on this site. Do people seriously not consider what would happen if Jaime was born a girl?
Other characters (like Cersei) may remain the same gender or switch as well depending on your preference. What Jaime does and what happens to her also depends on you. The only condition for this prompt is that Jaime Lannister is born as a daughter.
Tommen the Campiogne (GoT x Campiogne!)
In which King Tommen Baratheon kills the Seven and becomes a Campione. But his troubles aren't over because Old Powers are waking all over Westeros and beyond, with it, the deities lost in the Age of Heroes.
GoT Characters with Mystic Eyes of Death (GoT x Tsukihime x Kara no Kyoukai)
With a religion based around death and all the bloodshed, many GoT characters could get the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
Jon Snow could get it after his resurrection.
Arya Stark could get the eyes after surviving the Waif's attack.
Bran Stark could get the eyes after waking up from his coma.
Catelyn Stark could get them after being revived by Berric Dondarrion.
Berric could get them after being revived by Thoros of Myr.
Cersei Lannister's firstborn child with Robert could have it if revived by Thoros instead of dying in infancy.
Rickon Stark could get them if revived by Mel instead of staying dead.
Robb Stark could have them if revived by Thoros instead of staying dead.
Any character could have them under the right circumstances. They could also be the reincarnation of Shiki Ryougi or Shiki Tohno.
Illyasviel summons Kiritsugu (Fate Stay Night)
Illya summons Kiritsugu as her servant for the Fifth Holy Grail War, most likely as EMIYA (Assassin) from Fate GO. He could reveal his identity to Illya and Shirou immediately and the truth behind the Fuyuki Fire or he could stay anonymous and work behind the scenes to destroy the Holy Grail once and for all while ensuring that his children make it out alive.
Hiccup Haddock III vs Aegon the Conqueror (HTTYD x GoT)
Set during Aegon's conquest after HTTYD2.
The idea is that the Targeryans will attack Berk because Hiccup and his clansmen are the only other dragon riders in Planeteros. Aegon the Conqueror will, of course, offer Berk and other Viking islands a chance to surrender their dragons and swear fealty to him or face destruction but the Vikings don't like bowing to anyone and Hiccup doesn't like how the Targeryans use dragons like Weapons of Mass Destruction. So the Vikings will unite under Hiccup to defend against Aegon's army, each gaining unlikely allies as the war progresses.
Hiccup being Hiccup, will at first try peaceful negotiations but after a few serious losses, he will turn violent and serious pain in Aegon's neck. Rhaenys might sympathize with Hiccup and try to convince Aegon and Visenya to leave the Vikings alone.
In this timeline, the Targeryans will have more dragons, but nowhere near what Berk alone has. They have conquered all of Westeros, including Dorne, only the part beyond the Wall is free where Berk and the rest of the Barbaric Archipelago are located.
Aegon's faction will include his sisters, Stormlands, Crownlands, Riverlands, Vale, Reach, Westerlands, Iron Isles, Dorne(Conspiring against Aegon), North(Conspiring against Aegon) and Drago Bludvist/Grimmel the Grisly.
Hiccup's faction will consist of Berk, Vikings from other islands, Wildlings under the King Beyond the Wall, North(Secret Conspirators) and Dorne(Secret Conspirators).
The fanfic will end with an aerial battle between Hiccup riding Toothless and Aegon riding Balerion and an epilogue.
You can make changes to this idea as per your convenience. Please inform if you like this idea and plan to write or have already written/read a story like this.
Itachi the Younger Uchiha (Naruto)
An alternate universe in which Uchiha Itachi was the younger brother and Uchiha Sasuke the elder. The events up to the Uchiha Massacre play out as it did in the canon but I think Itachi and Sasuke are so different that they would behave differently after the event with Sasuke falling into madness under guilt and Itachi remaining loyal to Konoha while investigating the truth behind the massacre. Also growing up, Sasuke would be jealous of Itachi and see him as a threat to his claim as the heir apparent of the clan.
Other tidbits: Itachi would graduate with Naruko and Sakura due to new age restrictions despite being a protege. I planned on using Naruko(femNaruto) to create a love triangle between Itachi, Naruko and Sakura. You don't need to do this if you don't like love triangles or gender-bends.
Recca the Azor Ahai Reborn (Flame of Recca x Game of Thrones)
A Flame of Recca and Game of Thrones crossover. Since Recca has a flaming right hand and the Azor Ahai prophecy is about a hero with a flaming sword, I think they'd be a good fit. I mean if Recca stumbled into Westeros or the Others invaded Recca's neighbourhood, I'm sure Recca would be the first person Melisandra would turn to the second being Kurei. Kinda surprising there isn't any fic on this yet.
A fic about how Rey is a clone of Anakin Skywalker, a popular fan theory with an amazing lack of fanfics to back it up. Alternatively, Rey could be the clone of Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Qui Gon or Padme.
Don't like any of them? Watch out for more prompts/challenges at my forum.