Um... Hello everyone! I'm Heather.
I *love* reading fanfiction, pretty much a little of everything, but especially
House MD (Thirteen/Cameron, OTP!! and basically anything else with Thirteen)
Once Upon a Time (I actually watched a few episodes of this show *just* to see why Emma/Regina are such a huge pairing, and LOVE the idea of them!)
Rizzoli & Isles ("The Gayest Non-Gay Show on Television", I really have to agree with that!)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Buffy/Faith, tho I haven't checked out the Buffy part of this site yet, they were my first 'shipping love)
I wrote BTVS fanfics years ago, which will probably never see the light of day here unless I do some heavy editing. (updated 2020:) I love writing in general and my longest story at over 120k is a 'real-world' AU House fanfic, but it's too personal to me to let anyone except my closest friends read it.
The Top Ten Reasons Why Obviously Banning Gay Marriage Makes Total Sense:
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things, like eyeglasses, air conditioning, antibiotics and plastic surgery.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets, because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.