I'm just a Canadian guy that likes reading and writing fanfiction, among other things.
How did I get started writing? Well, you know how sometimes you're really into a story, and then the author takes it in a direction you didn't enjoy, or you think to yourself; "this would be a cool idea for a story" only to find out it hasn't been written yet? Yeah, that was me. So I decided to write the scenarios for myself, and now here I am.
I used to have a big wall of text here that explained why the Bleach ending was so horrible, but let's be honest, we all know it sucked and why, so I removed that part from my bio.
Although thankfully, the light novel 'Can't Fear Your Own World' tied up pretty much all of the loose ends that Bleach had after its final chapter. So while yeah its a shame the final arc couldn't have been stretched out longer to fit more information in, I'm pretty satisfied with how it all ended now, all things considered.
Well, except for the pairings, but we all know what a mess that was.
FAQ - I get asked these three questions a lot, so to make things easier, I'll just answer them here once and for all.
1. Who is stronger between Dangai Ichigo or EoS Ichigo? EoS Ichigo is stronger and it's not even remotely a debate.
2. Was Ulquiorra the strongest Espada? No. And I'm sick of seeing this debate. This idea some people have that Aizen- Aizen of all people - the guy who was able to find out the truth of the Soul Society, their greatest sin and the truth of the Soul King - this idea that he wouldn't know about a second release for one of his Espada, an Arrancar that he created is quite honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life and it's a garbage argument. Aizen knew full well about Segunda Etapa and ranked Ulquiorra accordingly.
3. Do I believe that Aizen was truly transcendent? I don't have a concrete answer to that question, part of me does, but the other part of me thinks it was all kind of suspect, so I'll just leave my answer as 'meh' and drop it.
~ Rules and/or Tips for Writing
1. Over-complicated powers and Overpowered characters are never as cool as they seem in your head. More often then not they make a story boring because there is no suspense, the readers know that the MC will always pull through everything with their broken abilities.
2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure etc... are all just as important as the story itself! It doesn't matter how grand your ideas are or how well they're put together; if I have to constantly stop and reread sections because I can't understand what you're trying to say then no matter how good your plot-line is, I won't enjoy it! If you aren't good at these things than get better or get a Beta, it'll be worth it in the long run, I promise!
3. Stick to the language you're writing in! What I mean by this is if you're writing a story in English, keep it in English! I can't count how many times I've seen authors use Japanese words like 'Baka' instead of just writing the English equivalent, 'stupid/idiot.' I'm sorry but it's cringy as hell to read and confusing if someone doesn't know what a particular word means.
The only time you should ever use words from another language is if they are places, weapons, attacks etc... I'll use Bleach as an example. Seireitei, Hueco Mundo, Zanpakuto, Shikai, Bankai, Zangetsu, Kyoka Suigetsu, Getsuga Tenshou. As I said, places, weapons, attacks etc...
Or – and this is just personal preference – you can use honorifics specific to that language, for example: Mr Kurosaki = Kurosaki-san, a respected person would be Kurosaki-dono, a God or royalty would be Kurosaki-sama, etc...
4. When you are talking about a character's eyes, do not ever refer to them as 'orbs', it's just awful. Do you ever go up to someone in real life and say: "Your blue orbs look marvellous under the moonlight"...? No. You don't. You say eyes. And if you say eyes in real life, why should that change in your writing?
5. And for the love of all that's holy in this world stop with the whole tank-top, cargo pants, boots, fingerless glove look, okay? Your wannabe military/mercenary character is not cool. It's beyond cringy and sounds like a 10 year wrote it.
6. Okay, this is the most important tip I can give to any writer out there, one that I wish I knew before I started. If possible, don't start posting your story until it is nearing completion or you have a vast majority of the plot and major details ironed out. I say this because oftentimes, you will be partway through a story that you're just writing off the top of your head and you'll think of something that just has to be in your story forcing a partial or complete re-write, this has happened to me twice now, and although I'm happy to be improving my stories, it would be nice if I could've written them better from the start with proper planning.
tl;dr - Save yourself the headache of re-writing by planning properly from the start.
~ Writing Status & Projects
Status: I'm currently on hiatus from posting, but I'm still writing. I will be back eventually, most likely sooner rather than later, so please just be patient.
Projects: See below.
Guardian of the Dead (On Hiatus) - Crossover: Bleach & Highschool DXD - When Ichigo starts having strange dreams after the Winter War he visits Urahara in hope of getting some insight into these strange nightly visions. Instead, he is told that everything he once believed to be a myth is actually real and this world is much bigger than he originally imagined.
Born in the Darkness (On Hiatus) - Bleach AU - Due to the tampering of beings unseen by normal humans, a chain reaction of events would be set off around one nine-year-old boy that would lead to the birth of a guardian. A man who wouldn't hesitate to protect those who couldn't protect themselves, and gladly lay down his own life to stop those who wished to disturb the fragile peace of the world.
In Darkness, Reborn (On Hiatus) - Crossover: Bleach & Highschool DXD - In the final battle against Yhwach, the still silver arrow fails and Ichigo is consumed. Yhwach, having claimed victory over the Soul Society expends his energy in an attempt to correct the 'Sin of the Gods,' though, in the end, he does more harm than good. Now, a hundred years later stirrings of a lost hero signals large changes for the world he was forced to leave behind.
Altering the Future (Completed) - Bleach AU - This is my ending to Bleach, how I would have done it if it were up to me. I tried to touch on most of the important things that Kubo left forgotten as well as some other smaller things. The story picks up in the aftermath of the final battle with Yhwach.
I never wanted to live forever (Completed) - Bleach AU - Yhwach and his Quincy Army are simply memories of a distant past, and of the thousands who fought off his brutal invasion only seven remain. One of the seven is, of course, Ichigo Kurosaki, but now, thousands of years in the future, how does he feel looking back on it all now that his life is finally coming to an end.