Hello, I am megSUPERFAN! I am a Christian, a nerd, a bookworm, and a Hufflepuff. The Lord of the Rings and Les Miserables are my biggest fandoms, but I will gladly geek out over Harry Potter and Newt Scama-- *ahem* Fantastic Beasts, as well as any of the below-listed fandoms.
I rarely write stories greater than one chapter, unless I make a collection of my one-shots. I like poetry a lot.
All stories and authors that I have favorited are worth it. Give them a read!
I'm now on Archive Of Our Own (AO3)! (Same username.) So far the only fics I post there are my Les Mis works, since the fandom is larger on that site.
Things I do not approve of and will therefore not have in my stories:
- Solangelo (PJO), Enjoltaire (Les Mis), and other homosexual ships. Gross, terribly sinful, and forbidden by God.
- Profanity and taking God's name in vain. Matthew 23:22- "He that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon."
- Alex from Magnus Chase and other transgender characters. People are born boys, or they are born girls. Be happy the way you were created. Don't try to change it- it won't work.
- If I rate a story T, it will be for injury or death, not for language or adult content.
Assorted fandom-related things for my bigger fandoms:
The Lord of the Rings
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hobbits! *SQUEAL OF JOY*
- I don't know enough Silmarillion information as I'd like to, although I've read it more than once.
Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts
- Thanks to allisaNERDINTRAINING for finally pulling me into this!
- I started The Sorcerer's Stone in late October 2018, and watched Crimes of Grindelwald June 1, 2019. In around seven months I have run out of new material, so I am anxiously awaiting Fantastic Beasts 3. [2020 update: STILL WAITING.]
- I ADORE MARAUDERS FANFIC. Especially full moon stuff. And four/three-way friendship. NEVER ANY SLASH.
- FANTASTIC BEASTS. WOW. Everything in this movie is just... *FANGIRLS HARD*
- Crimes of Grindelwald was a fantastic movie but SO UPSETTING.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- I used to love PJO (not so much anymore) but they do have a special place in my heart, as it was for that fandom that I started Fanfiction.net.
- I have only read the first book of Magnus Chase. I will not read the rest. I also do not read Trials of Apollo.
- My [mythological] godly parent is Athena.
- If I were one of the seven, I would be Annabeth, because I love reading and knowing things.
- Discovered this through googling "Newt Scamander singing". And then nekokenna sat me down to watch the musical, and then things escalated quickly. It was amazing and I regret nothing.
- Adaptations I have seen (this list is mostly for my own reference): 10th Anniversary concert, 2012 movie, Isabel F. Hapgood's translation of the book, 1978 movie, 2019 staged concert. I hope to watch Shoujo Cosette, 1972 Les Mis, and I Miserabili sometime in the future.
- Courfeyrac and Marius friendship is just... *heavy breathing* *they're both so precious* *I'm okay* *no I'm not*
- I live for Les Amis headcanons. That is all.
A list of my fandoms! Favorite characters are underlined. Not in any particular order, though I have tried to organize them.
- Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion
If I were to list all my favorite characters, an age of the world would pass before you end the reading.
Ultimate favorite: Sam
The Hobbit: Bilbo (book), Fili, Bofur (movie)
Silmarillion: Beren & Luthien, Huan, Maedhros
OTP: Farawyn (Faramir & Eowyn)
- Harry Potter
Dobby, Hagrid, McGonagall, Neville, Luna, Remus, Harry
OTP: Jily (James & Lily)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Humans: Newt, Jacob, Theseus, Tina (in that order)
Beasts: Dougal, Pickett, Niffler, Zouwu (not in order)
OTP: THEY-WHO-MUST-KISS a.k.a. Newtina
- Les Miserables
Jean Valjean, Marius, Gavroche, Courfeyrac, Joly, Feuilly
Favorite Songs: "Stars", "Finale", "One Day More", etc. etc. :)
- Chronicles of Narnia (most beautiful series ever written)
Lucy, Peter, Aslan, Reepicheep
- PJO, HoO, KC, The Sword of Summer
Grover, Tyson, Leo (and the rest of the seven)
Carter, Sadie, Felix, Cleo
- Hamilton (I am not unhealthily obsessed with this, but I agree that it is a work of musical genius, and I would be delighted to rant with anyone about it.)
Favorite songs: "Dear Theodosia", "It's Quiet Uptown", "One Last Time", "Take a Break", "That Would Be Enough", "Burn"
- The Queen's Thief (a book series by Megan Whalen Turner, and it's insanely good, and I recommend it to everyone who can read. I haven't read the last book yet so no spoilers, please!)
Gen, Sophos, Kamet (okay nearly everyone in this series is great but mostly Gen)
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir (okay, I did not expect to be into this show at all. But... Kitty.)
Adrien Agreste (Chat Noir)
OTP: Marinette (Ladybug)/Adrien (Chat Noir)
- Rise of the Guardians (Dreamworks) (I just saw the movie and am planning on reading the book series!)
Note: Collections are updated when I have something to put in them, not on a regular schedule.
- All of my fics and poems are or will soon be posted in "Percy Jackson Collection".
- Might be updated MAYBE: "Her Brood", "Three is Company"
- Collections: Haiku, Poetry, "Even the Smallest" ("Haiku" fic might be added to "Poetry" sometime.)
- Collections: "Suitcase of Sonnets", "A Copy in Person", "Fantastic Beasts Collection"
- I'll maybe add my stand-alone Fantastic Beasts fics to the general collection later. ("Pickett in Pocket", "Occamy Silver", etc.)
- Most of my barricade fics are in the same universe and can be read together. (See "Children of the Barricade" series on AO3 if you want to read them all in one nicely collected thing.)
- See "Prefer the Immense" on my AO3 account to read my Les Mis poetry in one nicely collected thing.
Well, that's about everything!
Past the next horizontal line is copy/paste stuff. If you care about that sort of thing, read on.
I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of the heavens and the earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten Son, our Lord.
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. He descended into hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father, Almighty.
From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit.
I believe in a holy catholic church.
The communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
And the life everlasting.
AMEN. (The Apostle's Creed)
LORD'S DAY 1: Q&A 1:
Q: What is thy only comfort in life and death?
A: That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Savior Jesus Christ; Who, with His precious blood, hath fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil; and so preserves me that without the will of my Heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head; yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by His Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth to live unto him.
Boromir told the truth...One did not simply walk into Mordor. Two did.
If you wish that a fictional character was real, copy and paste this to your profile.
Jesus had no servants, yet they called him Master...
He had no degree, yet they called him Teacher...
He had no medicine, yet they called him Healer...
He had no army, yet kings feared him...
He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world...
He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him...
He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.
Feel honored to serve such a leader who loves us.
If you believe in God and Jesus Christ his Son,
then copy and paste this in your profile.
The right to read.
The right not to read.
The right to not finish books.
The right to skip & skim pages.
The right to reread.
The right to mistake a book for real life.
The right to read anywhere.
The right to read aloud.
The right to fall in love with characters in books.
The right to know what everyone else is reading.
The right to have too many books. (No such thing.)
The right to carry a book wherever you go.
If you skipped my profile and/or skimmed it to get it over with, I forgive you. I have most likely done the same thing to yours. :)