Went another 6 years without making any changes, still going strong reading Harry Potter fics pretty much exclusively, though crossovers are included in that as well!
35 year old guy from Texas here.
I've only just realized that this profile had never been updated from January of 2009 to June of 2016, yikes! HaHa! I turn 29 this week so the profile from when I was 21 just doesn't cut it anymore.
I'm just a reader. I have no writing skills or I'd have a billion fics on here by now of my own.
I've never tried my hand at Beta either, but I wouldn't be against giving it a Go if someone needs a hand!
What I like: I've always been a Harry Potter junky pretty much, with a good number of crossovers from Stargate:SG1 & Stargate:Atlantis as well as the random crossover mixed in. I've been gorging on fics where Harry goes back to when he was a child or just before his Hogwarts letter comes. And I've been going for a lot of Independence fics where Harry goes to Gringotts for Sirius' will and finds out Sirius left him everything and emancipated him yada yada, I'm sure you know the drill.
Pairings: I'll read any pairing so long as it is well written, I don't tend to seek out anything specific nowadays.
Books: Anything by Tamora Pierce, Robert Jordan, Clive Cussler, Stephenie Meyer, Dan Brown and Brian Jacques.
Hobbies: Hmm...READING. . Swimming. Traveling! I'm one of those rare Americans that actually enjoys seeing countries other than my own! So far it's been to your stereotypical European destinations (Rome, Florence, Milan, Paris and London here this past Fall, October 2015), but I've got my eye on some less frequented places too!
Ok, pretty much everything on my profile after this is going to be a random mix of things I've come across that I really like, whether its quiz results, quotes or just random stuff, I'll be adding to it for who knows how long. I'm an openly Gay man, so of course that will be obvious points of contention on what I support.
PLEASE READ WHAT'S UNDER THIS!!
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I did not have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
I am the person who is afraid of telling his loving Christian parents he loves another male.
Re-post this if you believe homophobia is wrong. Please do your part to end it.
WHETHER IT BE BETWEEN TWO MALES, TWO FEMALES OR A MALE AND A FEMALE, LOVE IS LOVE! AND NOTHING LESS THAN JUST THAT!
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open doors to all kinds of crazy behaviour. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has a legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriages will be less meaningful if gay marriages are allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the value of one religion are imposed upon the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life-spans... --
Re-post this if you believe in legalizing gay marriage
What do the Harry Potter adults think of you? (Quizilla)
Albus Dumbledore is glad you are an Order member but thinks youre too anxious.
Lord Voldemort sees you as a major threat and wants to have you killed as soon as possible.
Minerva McGonagall thinks you misbehave way too much.
Severus Snape hates you.
Rubeus Hagrid thinks youre a good person.
Horace Slughorn thinks you were a brilliant student with great potential.
Sirius Black loves you with all his heart and would kill for you.
Remus Lupin thinks youre a great friend.
Bill Weasley is secretly madly in love with you.
Lucius Malfoy acts like he hates you but actually has sick fantasies about you.
Bellatrix Lestrange wants to personally torture and then kill you.
Peter Pettigrew thinks youre scary.